Rear back seat clicking! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Rear back seat clicking!

ajt5580
31st January 2006, 01:35 PM
I have a 2002 93 and the rear back seat makes a clicking type sound whenever I go over a bump. It must have something to do with the latch that holds the entire back rest, because when I fold it down it no longer makes any noises. The thing is I can't replicate the noise by shaking the back rest to find out what where exactly it is coming from. Any ideas at all on how to tighten the latch or something? Its driving me nuts!

Palmer1980
31st January 2006, 02:43 PM
I got pissed and crammed a sock into the latch mechanisim, then had my wife drive around the block with me in the backseat to listen for noise. All gone!

BTW,This should be in the workshop forum....

brewtide
31st January 2006, 02:52 PM
I got pissed and crammed a sock into the latch mechanisim, then had my wife drive around the block with me in the backseat to listen for noise. All gone!

BTW,This should be in the workshop forum....

A sock sounds like a performance MOD to me :lol::lol:

I suppose it all depends on the specific make and color of said sock...

If it's yellow -- Whoa, watchout.

-bny

Fast_Ed
31st January 2006, 03:50 PM
I think the bottom parts of the rear seats also make some noise, as they dont latch down in my car... Folding down the rear seat would effect this, too.. either by holding them down, or if you happen to flip them up to fold down your seats..

I wonder if there's a more permanent way to fix this than socks? I know socks have been suggested before, but I'm not angry enough yet to make my feet cold and my Viggen look like a laundry room... Though I'd *probably* use clean socks rather than the ones I'm wearing :cheesy:

Fast_Ed
31st January 2006, 03:51 PM
A sock sounds like a performance MOD to me :lol::lol:

I suppose it all depends on the specific make and color of said sock...

If it's yellow -- Whoa, watchout.

-bny

Yeah, yellow's bad, brown or green are much worse!

super_cs95
31st January 2006, 07:22 PM
Saabs, in my experience, have exhibited quite a bit of squeeking and rattling in the trim, hatches, and latches. in addition to the sock recommendation, I'd say use a piece of felt to stop the rattling. best of luck!