Non-Turbo Pipes? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Non-Turbo Pipes?

Elmo91
2nd February 2003, 11:40 PM
I am lookeing for a NICE sounding, good looking, stainless catback exhaust system for my 1991 9000CD N/A. For shipping reasons it would be best if it were from a U.S. dealer but I am flexible.

Since I dont have a turbo the more power the better, but I dont want an obnoxious exhaust note.

Any help with this would be great.

Trey

Gordy
3rd February 2003, 08:59 AM
From experience, I would recommend www.abbottracing.com. While they are a UK company I'm sure they have a US website. The exhaust note is sublime!!

Elmo91
3rd February 2003, 08:58 PM
Do you know if they are for the non turobs aswell? I dont believe they say on the site.

Thanks

Gordy
4th February 2003, 09:21 AM
Drop Giles Fairweather an e-mail on Sales@abbottracing.com with your query. I've found Giles to be very helpful in the past.

homesturunner
28th March 2003, 04:56 PM
NEVER put a turbo exhaust on a car without a turbo. You will sound horrible and lose power at the same time. HTH

Elmo91
29th March 2003, 12:32 AM
This is why I am having trouble finding a system for my car. I think I am going to go with an abbott backbox and maybe a lower restriction midpipe if I can find one. Unless I can get any more feedback on this post. I simply dread sounding like one of those god awful rice-rockets.

BTW where are you in Colorado? Lived there for 16 years. Love it :D

homesturunner
29th March 2003, 03:35 AM
Golden. I spend a lot of my time on www.highaltitudeimports.com

Elmo91
30th March 2003, 02:42 AM
My Aunt and Uncle live there. Small World.

Ill check out that site. Thanks