SQR Stage 4 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: SQR Stage 4

GRD
01-02-03, 11:54 PM
I installed the SQR Stage 4 yesterday. This setup really turns the AREO into a high powered sports sedan. I was really impressed after the programming runs. I blew my new BOV within 30 minutes. You could hear it leaking and then PPPFFFSSSST. No more boost above 15psi. I put the original one back in and things are fine, other than hearing it leaking.

SQR really does a good job with their programming. Knowing they build Saab motorsport racing motors gave me confidence. The car really flies. Amazing performance.

Ordering a better BOV, then to the dyno to see how much power the setup is making.

Fun sleeper sedan.

pieceofsaab
15-02-03, 12:15 PM
where'd you get this kit? Got a link?

BillJ
15-02-03, 05:09 PM
I blew my new BOV within 30 minutes.
If it's the latest type that Saab sells (with a weight attached to the diaphragm), then I blew a brand new one in less than 3 days (don't know quite when it failed). I refitted the previous one (a Bosch one of the previous type) and all worked fine. Fitted a Bailey valve a while later and it failed after 4 months (it wasn't new to begin with, though). Back to the trusty Bosch valve - problem fixed (again). I'll try again with a new Forge valve, I think, as I really want a quick-acting valve for the sort of boost I'm running. Hope it lasts... :roll:

Friberg
23-02-03, 08:00 AM
We've just had a discussion on STCS's forum about which valve to use for high boost and the most common one used among the high-boosters in Sweden seems to be the stock Mitsubishi EVO6 BOV.

But there are also o few still going with the old Bosch one, but with the connections turned the other way around.

One of the high-boosters blew a new Forge valve - so maybe you should try the EVO 6 instead, and save a few :wink:

BillJ
23-02-03, 08:10 AM
One of the high-boosters blew a new Forge valve - so maybe you should try the EVO 6 instead, and save a few :wink:
Too late - I've already bought the Forge. Not fitted it yet. How much was the "high booster" boosting? I'm only boosting to 1.6 bar.

Friberg
23-02-03, 08:38 AM
Too late - I've already bought the Forge. Not fitted it yet. How much was the "high booster" boosting? I'm only boosting to 1.6 bar.

Some of them are boosting 1.9 bar :o The guy who blew his Forge I don't know...