Help connecting Turbosmart MBC [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Help connecting Turbosmart MBC

Berniebgf
30th January 2003, 03:36 AM
Hi all.
Well I've got my MBC and "T" piece and Hose.

Now...Where do I put it all??

I know I have to dis-connect the Hose from the Turbo WasteGate and Block the hose off. From there I connect the MBC into the WasteGate and have to connect the other side to a hose on the "Boosted" side of the turbo.

Thats where the problem starts....

The device near the turbo that has three hose's running into it (you all know what I'm talking about), one of them look's like it run's under the turbo to the "Boosted" side of the turbo, could/should I put a "T" piece on this Hose and connect the MBC other end to it?

Does this sound right??

Ohh Man I'm in over my head again! :o

Berniebgf
30th January 2003, 03:49 AM
I think I've got the Idea! from Eric's site.....

http://www.lehigh.edu/~erp4/saab/Upgrades/MBC.html

have not done it yet, will try tomorrow...

Is it correct to loop the cable back into the Boost Solenoid ??

sorry to quiery... but just want to be sure..

thanks

jpgibson
30th January 2003, 10:16 PM
please see email
jonathan

Berniebgf
31st January 2003, 04:29 AM
WOW!!!!!

It's Alive!!

finish my install of MBC, I've done (I think) a very nice job, I will try and Post some Pic's.

The Car is now a rocket!! The boost guage in the car is now moving 1/4 into the Red so I still have a little room to move before I reach trouble....

Now...Front of the car almost lift's off the ground when accelerating..Auto change's are still smooth, temperature is still the same, Brakes are the problem....I have the Talladega model with the bigger front brakes..I pitty anyone who does this without decent brakes.

Thanks to jpgibson for his advice on recommending the Turbosmart MBC.
Thanks Eric for a GREAT site that made it all happen

And Lastly Thanks God for making this possible :wink: :cheesy:

Now...have to practice my removal/re-install skills to dodge the warranty issue and insurance issue.... hehe...