Just bought today [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Just bought today

Simmy150
29th December 2005, 05:28 PM
My wife and I just got back from the dealership. We pick up the new ride tomorrow!

After lots of test drives, and a 6 month ownership of a lousy M-B ML500, we are happy to be new Saab owners.

It is interesting to read the forums for the view of owners versus the purists. I know that many Saab purists are critical of the company for making an SUV, but the fact is that we needed the space and love All Wheel Drive.

Trailblazer remarks aside, the only way to appreciate this vehicle is through a test drive. The Saab and GM engineers got this vehicle right.

TuuSaR
29th December 2005, 06:44 PM
"Saab purists are critical of the company for making an SUV"

I dont think problem is about SUV model itself, its about what kind of SUV.

And there are many levels of purists, everyone having their own Saabness classification idea.

But the main point is that you got product you wanted and Saab made some dinaros AND you might buy another Saab product in the long term future.

woywitka
5th February 2006, 04:30 PM
the issue is that the is the furthest Saab has every ventured away from their own design. first non front wheel drive, no turbo, and it doesn't look like a Saab. having had a close look but no drive, it is a nice SUV still. the Saab 9-5 is prob the last the remotely Saab type car really, H-type engine with a turbo, and many Saab innovations, yet it still screams GM.

CleveSaab
8th February 2006, 01:37 PM
Congrats on the new purchase.

Woywitka... :roll:
The 9-3 SS is more "Saaby" then the 9-3SE it replaced.
The 9-3 SC... a beautifull car... is "more Saab" then ANY 9-5.
*fact*

Get your facts straight and stop repeating that same old sorry mantra...