SaabCentral Forums banner

Ronals v Minilites

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Carlsson900 
#1 ·
What exactly is the difference between the Ronal Minilite wheel, and the Saab Minilite (Original?) wheel....

I was recently offered a choice of both, but the Ronals were half the price of the other version.....

I hear the Saab wheel is the original Rally wheel, and is wider...is this so?

#5 · (Edited)
Both types were made specially for Saab and had "SAAB" cast into them. The Minilite ones WILL be more expensive as they are so much rarer. I swapped a set of Ronal ones + some cash to get mine!

The Minilite ones use a different centre cap - a pressed aluminium one as opposed to the plastic hexagonal one on the Ronals (same as used on the Inca's). The Minilite wheels use the same nut pattern as the Inca's (which are made by Ronal) and the Ronal ones use the conical nut of later alloys. Confused now? :lol:

The biggest visual difference apart from the centre cap is the rim. The Minilite has a smooth rim whereas the Ronal has a lip. There are also detail differences in the spoke design. The width is the same - 5.5"

One thing I DON'T know is if the Minilite ones are a Magesium wheel. I suspect not.

Oh, and then of course there's the Shelby wheel! A US sourced equivalent that used the same plastic centre cap as the Ronals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.