Rear valences??? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Rear valences???

20Ted
22nd January 2003, 08:21 PM
I just bought my first Saab yesterday - a '98 900 SE Convertible - and I love it!! :cheesy:

The one thing I don't like, however, is the muffler and underbody showing from the back...

http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzEwNDMzNzgxMzYvMS80MDE4LzE1NS8zMi82NEVFNXdBQ3 ZSaHFCX05jY0pjTmx3/270f43bc7cf9ad0b5d2b638b820f88c2/clbk=HcZNnT9kkUjlZQ!vIW6YJNvEIcqpglUJqbz2zarqLAK52 YEd8WmHtfnhVqlLHNjMxFlXFM!WXsQ$/jpg.jpg

Where can I find different options for the rear lower valence - I haven't been able to find any places that make Saab body accessories (except Saab). Any hints?

Also - do the Saab exhaust tips that they are selling now fit on the '98s??

THANKS!!! :D

Munki
22nd January 2003, 08:49 PM
Hey 20ted,

Nice looking car...Why do you want to change it... :-??

IMO, Part of the pleasure of being a Saab owner/driver is not being a sheep...you lead let the others follow... :wink:

conradFL
22nd January 2003, 09:03 PM
Hey, nice ride. The exhaust tip should fit no problem. Have you tried the "Features" section for the rear bumper? Or a local scrapyard, but that's a shot in the dark since you have to match color. Munki, what was that about cosmetic modifications? I know SOMEBODY with clear side lenses :nono;

Jeremy R.
23rd January 2003, 12:00 AM
There never were any rear valence options, at least in the US. There's a front lip spoiler, and two different trunk lid spoilers, but nothing to extend the rear bumper. That's my least favorite part of the car, too.

Munki
23rd January 2003, 07:15 AM
Munki, what was that about cosmetic modifications? I know SOMEBODY with clear side lenses :nono;
Damn rumbled.... :oops:

Although clear side repeaters are hardly a major cosmetic change.... :-??

:cheesy: