900 S Alarm modification? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 900 S Alarm modification?

Chimpdaddy
13th January 2003, 01:07 PM
I have a '97 900 S. Is there any way to modify the alarm so that it doesn't honk the horn when I arm/disarm? I find it kind of obnoxious.

turboman
14th January 2003, 04:44 AM
Yes, you have to visit a dealer who can reprogramme the alarm with the Tech2 computer. They can customize many aspects of the vehicles electronics to suit you. For example they can prevent the alarm noise that dings at start up if you do not have your seatbelt on (9-3's only I think)

bloomac
14th January 2003, 12:55 PM
Maybe you guys can help me. I have 1997 900 SE Turbo with a factory alarm. My problem is that the little alarm light stays illuminated all of the time. It doesn't blink when parked and it stays on while I drive. There must be some sort of short. The alarm works I know.

Chimpdaddy
14th January 2003, 12:59 PM
Yes, you have to visit a dealer who can reprogramme the alarm with the Tech2 computer. They can customize many aspects of the vehicles electronics to suit you. For example they can prevent the alarm noise that dings at start up if you do not have your seatbelt on (9-3's only I think)

Thanks, I may do that. Or I might just hack in and change it myself... 8)

dasaabguy
15th January 2003, 02:42 PM
I had my alarm "honk" turned off a couple months ago at a dealer and now my alarm goes off on its own sporatically. Might be to sensitive?Dont think so!One day i was bored and literally stood outside next to my car and while in complete silence the alarm went off by itself within 10 minutes. Very annoying.......
STOP THE HONKING :evil:

I was better off with the 1 honk, now im stuck with non stop honking, honking, honking.................