Automatic gearboxes (Transmission) [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Automatic gearboxes (Transmission)

SaabMaad
9th January 2003, 04:12 PM
Greetings and a happy new year to one and all,

OK, so my "baby" (9000CDE 2.3T) decided that it did not want to play on Christmas day and threw the turbo onto the scrap heap...(I forgive it) even after parting with a hard earned 700 :-?
Now, it is giving the appearance of a "slipping clutch". Does anyone know if there are "torque bands" in this gearbox and, can they be adjusted, or, is it time for another mortgage for a new (re-con) tranny?

176,000 miles (hard ones too) quiet as a whisper, I am loath to change her.

Any help or advise would be most welcome :lol:

Lou.

Simon
9th January 2003, 06:11 PM
It seems there are......

http://216.78.172.244/transmission_folder/9kautobandadj.htm

There is some other stuff on this same site you may want to check out as well.

Simon.

SaabMaad
11th January 2003, 06:53 AM
Simon,

Many thanks for that info. I will give it a try as soon as the tool shop gets me a precision torque wrench and will post the results.
Many thanks to SAAB CENTRAL for having such a great site too. :D

Lou.

SaabMaad
11th January 2003, 02:30 PM
Simon,

I see from your "details" that you are from Pembrokeshire, absolutely wonderful place. Whilest in the "Forces", I was stationed at Manorbier and lived in Kilgetty and then in Pembroke Dock.
I took a "nostalgia" drive back to there last year and hardly recognised the place, but, the memories have not changed even though the roads have.

Lou.

Simon
11th January 2003, 06:20 PM
Pembrokeshire is the nicest part of Wales. I'm originally from Fishguard, that's where I grew up. Don't go back too often these days but when I do nothing seems to have changed!

Simon.

Steve Brown
14th January 2003, 10:59 AM
Never been to Welsh Wales as I'm to ashamed to admit that I can't ask directions as I can't pronounce the place-names.

I had very similar problems to yours, and it resulted in a total transmission re-build. There was no simple cure.