BSR stage 2 q [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: BSR stage 2 q

gonzodog
9th September 2005, 05:22 PM
Hi all,
I just discovered this forum and it seems like a great resource, especially for a non-mechanic like myself. I've got a 1999 9-5 2.3 and I'm interested in going stage 2 BSR - gotta coupla q's that I can't seem to find answers to - would be great if someone could help me out.

- Does the 9-5 sports exhaust from the Saab online catalog work for this mod?
http://www.saabcatalog.com/retail/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=Saab+Catalog&category%5Fname=Drive9395%3A9%2D5+Sport+Exhaust+Sy stem&Page=1

- Not as important - but does anyone know if this mod affects the Sport driving option?

Any help is much appreciated!

Chris 9-5
9th September 2005, 05:31 PM
Hi and welcome!

The BSR stage two takes you to 239bhp and the exhaust you mention does fit the Aero which has 230 bhp (on that year) so I would say the exhaust would be fine ;)

The sport mode hightens the responsiveness of the car's throttle, with your stage 2 the same applies, so hold on tight ;)

In non mechanical terms:

2.3 = "hey"
2.3 in Sport = "Wey Hey"
2.3 Stage 2 = "wey hey hey"
2.3 Stage 2 in Sport mode = "See ya" :cool:

Puli
9th September 2005, 09:50 PM
Hi there and need welcome!.

I am not so sure:confused: ..

For a stage 2, you need a 2.5 inch exhaust.. Now is the Saab Sport exhaust 2.5 inch's.?
I belive that I read a post in this forum that said that it was only 2 and 3/8 of a inch (I will try and have a look) which I also belive is the same as your stock exhaust. :confused:

So would it be a stage 2?.....

I could be wrong so can anyone one confrim this or not?

Have said that it does look quite sexy!!.:cool:

Puli.

masterjml
9th September 2005, 09:58 PM
im looking into BSR equipment for my car but i think upgrading the turbo would be the best bet atm im still undecided

Puli
9th September 2005, 10:20 PM
Ok,

I have done a seach and found 2 posts. 1 said 2.5" the othee 2 and 3/8".

So I am confused to :confused: .

Also we talking about the Remus Kit, which again I am not sure is the same as you get in the Uk.

Er help?

Puli

Cambio
10th September 2005, 12:26 AM
The Remus exhaust is 2.5" and is the same worldwide I'm quite sure.

saabnc
10th September 2005, 09:22 AM
Gonzodog: For a cheaper price on the Remus exhaust, and great customer service, shop www.genuinesaab.com (http://www.genuinesaab.com)

That is where I got my Remus system. :cheesy:

gonzodog
17th September 2005, 02:21 PM
Thanks everyone - looks like the Remus is a good way to go. Now I just gotta wait for a big box!

Eric in CT
18th September 2005, 01:11 AM
Enough speculation.The Saab 9.5 Remus sport exhaust is not 2.5". It is 2 3/8" exterior diameter and 2 1/4" interior diameter. I checked with calipers. I have the one with rounded oval. As long as you have a free flow exhaust you'll be fine with a stage 2. Most of the back pressure is in the Down pipe anyway. So it would help performance to have a downpipe with a sport cat replacing the 2 OEM cats.