Questions on 9-3 Viggen Winter Tires/Rims [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Questions on 9-3 Viggen Winter Tires/Rims

Keydet3
3rd January 2003, 02:35 PM
My Viggen has the standard 17-inch rims. I want to buy a spare set of rims and in order to mount winter snow tires. Wintertime performance is not a big priority, plus, I don't want to spend a ton of cash for a spare set of 17-inch rims/tires. (I just need to get around in the snowy hills of New England.) I have a pair of nearly new 15-inch snow tires (not on rims) from a 1988 SAAB 9000s that I had until recently. Could someone tell me if there are 15-inch rims that will fit the lugnut pattern of the 9-3 Viggen? I'd like to buy four rims and two more snow tires (to match the one's that I have) and put them on my car for the winter. Will 16-inch rims fit the car? (I'd obviously need to buy four new snows with that option.)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Marky
3rd January 2003, 10:44 PM
Hello,

Only 16 inch and up will fit the viggen sice the calipers are bigger. 15 inch will never fit. The lug pattern from the viggen is also different then the rims you have. Those ae 4 bolt rims while the viggen has 5 bolt rims.

regards,

Marc

Keydet3
6th January 2003, 09:07 AM
Marc - thanks for the help!

96Turbo
7th January 2005, 12:23 AM
The bolt pattern on your car is 5x110. I have a NG900 (same bolts) and i've got the stock 16's in the summer and steel 15's with winter tires for the winter. If you don't mind your car looking crappy with steel wheels in winter, just find some cheap 16's and get some decent snow tires to throw on. Hope this helps