CD Changer in 96 900s [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: CD Changer in 96 900s

karl900s
18th December 2002, 01:14 PM
I read the previous post about buying the Clarion CD changer that would just plug in and work. I just was confused about where everybody said the plug was located. Is it in the trunk? Under the seat? What does it look like?

Thanks for the help!

Jeremy R.
18th December 2002, 03:41 PM
The CD changer plug is behind the gray fabric lining in the hatch, on the left side, right near the power antenna wiring. It's a round, right angle plug with about 10 pins. It's probably attached to the body with a cable tie.

saabsaabrob
18th December 2002, 03:46 PM
Yes. Rear trunk, there should a cable that leads into the left(driver side) well area of the trunk from the front. I had mine installed about two years ago and the cable was found and pulled out from that area and plugged right into the CD changer. Took about twenty minutes to install. Happy hunting.

karl900s
19th December 2002, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the replies,

so, I'm going to have to actually pull out the grey trunk lining, or is there a panel that opens up to get to it?

Jeremy R.
19th December 2002, 06:28 PM
You only have to pull the lining aside, but to do that you do need to remove a couple of things. Unscrew all of the T25 Torx screws from the black plastic speaker frame and lift it off, and take off the black plastic 10mm nut that's by the hatch opening. Then you can pull the lining down far enough to get in there. You can also remove the gray plastic trim around the latch if you need to pull it out even further.