Good price for Eibach suspension? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Good price for Eibach suspension?

Toreador93
25th July 2005, 01:39 AM
Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while since I've posted here; I've been busy tweaking other things :D

I'm ready to make a major upgrade now, either suspension or ECU. I've been looking for suspension systems, and ran across this site selling Eibachs: Saab 9-5 Pro System (http://www.drivewire.com/performanceparts/eibach/saab9.5prosystemkit.html#).

Is this a good buy? I'm looking for very good handling, but still a bit refined.

Thanks all,
Mike

Kermit
25th July 2005, 03:24 AM
Mike, $814 for the Eibach kit is a good price, what year/model are you driving cos they don't cover all models, only sedan 98-01, wagon 99-01, V6 wagon 99-01 and V6 sedan 98-01. It will certainly transform the handling of your car, and also drop it 30-35mm if its a standard model. The ride quality will become harder than the OE Saab kit, but not bone jarring hard like some aftermarket kit.:cool:

SahhhB
25th July 2005, 12:01 PM
I ordered that kit from them a month or two ago. The guy called me to tell me that the Eibach shocks were way back ordered and it would be August at the very earliest before I got them. He also told me that they are not really Eibach shocks. Someone else makes them and Eibach puts there name on them, so he recommended I go with some Bilstein heavy duty shocks that actually ride better than the "Eibach" ones anyways. So that's what I did. He said the price would be the same, but it actually came out to be only $790! :D

Toreador93
25th July 2005, 06:00 PM
It's a 1999 auto. I've driven Aero's before, and that's kind of what I'm looking for, but wouldn't mind something a little more firm (I have a few twisty roads I'd like to take advantage of).

Thanks SahhhB! I had no idea. I think that's what I'll do then :)

Also, did you install the shocks & springs, or did you take it to a mechanic? If a mechanic, about how much did it cost to install? I'd like to do it myself, but my limited knowledge and lack of tools may inhibit such a task.

Kermit
25th July 2005, 06:12 PM
I ordered that kit from them a month or two ago. The guy called me to tell me that the Eibach shocks were way back ordered and it would be August at the very earliest before I got them. He also told me that they are not really Eibach shocks. Someone else makes them and Eibach puts there name on them, so he recommended I go with some Bilstein heavy duty shocks that actually ride better than the "Eibach" ones anyways. So that's what I did. He said the price would be the same, but it actually came out to be only $790! :D

So Eibach shocks are not Eibach shocks, are you sure he wasn't just spinning you a line to sell you the Bilstein's because the Eibach kit was out of stock? If there was two brands of shocks available for any vehicle i owned, and one was out of stock, then thats the brand i want. The other brand has been left on the shelf for a reason.

Finn
26th July 2005, 04:25 AM
I recon you got a better deal if you got Billies :cheesy:

SahhhB
26th July 2005, 11:40 AM
No I am not sure whether he was spinning me a line or not. However, I didn't really have any qualms going with Bilsteins, a highly revered brand.

As for installation, I took all four strut assemblies off the car myself. Then I found out you need a special tool to unbolt the assembly. I suppose I could have tried to track one down from somewhere, but I just took the assemblies to the shop and had them switch everything out. Then I put them back on my car. It was $240 to have them do that.

PeterGibons
27th July 2005, 08:33 AM
Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while since I've posted here; I've been busy tweaking other things :D

I'm ready to make a major upgrade now, either suspension or ECU. I've been looking for suspension systems, and ran across this site selling Eibachs: Saab 9-5 Pro System (http://www.drivewire.com/performanceparts/eibach/saab9.5prosystemkit.html#).

Is this a good buy? I'm looking for very good handling, but still a bit refined.

Thanks all,
Mike

So it looks like your getting the entire package, that's cool.

Has anyone used H&R suspension? I think I am due for a new set of shocks, I've got about 53k on the car and it just seems to floaty.

chico_85
27th July 2005, 12:39 PM
Once again, it's not available for 02+ 9-5s :cry:.

SahhhB: Just to clarify -- Did you pay $790 for a set of Bilstien shocks or a whole kit (shocks + springs + sway bars) as shown in the link?

Chris 9-5
27th July 2005, 12:50 PM
Has anyone used H&R suspension?

I tried to but the front springs didnt fit properly, ended up with eibachs ;)

SahhhB
28th July 2005, 03:53 PM
I paid $790 for Eibach springs and Bilstein heavy duty shocks. Sway bars are not included in that package, even though you are led to believe so from the web page. I already had upgraded sway bars anyways. :cheesy: