Which is which P, F, K - PO1, PO2, PO3 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Which is which P, F, K - PO1, PO2, PO3

Si
8th July 2005, 05:03 PM
On my APC board(25 pin, black) it's got PO1, PO2 & PO3, so which is the P, F & K?

I've searched 90aero but i could'nt find anything.

Ta

Si_J
8th July 2005, 05:28 PM
look on the back of the PCB they are marked as K, P, & F

see: http://www.900aero.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5405&highlight=#5405

Si
8th July 2005, 05:50 PM
;oops: Had the circuit board open and did'nt notice that.

cheers

trackside
9th July 2005, 04:06 AM
Measure the existing values of the pots before you adjust anything so you can set it back to where it was and don't touch the K.

Orca
9th July 2005, 01:10 PM
The standard values are listed on 900 Aero anyway, but worth noting to see if your box was tinkered with to start with.

trackside
9th July 2005, 01:16 PM
"The standard values are listed on 900 Aero anyway" - not exactly as it's likely they differ from box to box. The APC will have been hooked up to a test rig and then the 3 pots will have been adjusted to tune the box to the specific specification. Pots are standard devices to fine tune a circuit as the sum of the various resistors and other components will differ from the design spec due to component tollerances and variations.

Bennie
9th July 2005, 01:19 PM
The APC will have been hooked up to a test rig and then the 3 pots will have been adjusted to tune the box to the specific specification.

:nono; :nono; :nono;

Done touch the K pot!!:nono;

Gr, Bennie;)

Orca
9th July 2005, 01:33 PM
"The standard values are listed on 900 Aero anyway" - not exactly as it's likely they differ from box to box. The APC will have been hooked up to a test rig and then the 3 pots will have been adjusted to tune the box to the specific specification. Pots are standard devices to fine tune a circuit as the sum of the various resistors and other components will differ from the design spec due to component tollerances and variations.

Granted! Checking the box number against the general specification is what I should have said. I've not seen a difference across the three identically numbered boxes I have had when testing the stock. But you are right - those potentionometers are setup to produce a specific requirement given the precise circuitry.

pda
9th July 2005, 01:38 PM
900aero.com is a great source for APC tuning ;)

as already said by trackside & Orca its worth checking the Ohm's & Kohm's first before adjusting anything.........

& as Bennie has said never ever touch the "k" pot

Paul

Si
9th July 2005, 05:11 PM
I've measured the resistance of each component after it's been removed.

I'll mount resistors of equivelant values on a bread board, that'll be the first circuit, then do the mods on the second circuit (got a 2 pole switch now.)

So far...

R42 3.8k
R40 905
P 15.66k
F 112.8
R138 36.2k

I'm going to check out the latest APC mod posted aswell, maybe incorperate that.

Got to go and pick up some diodes now, make sure i don't fry the APC:nono; .

Orca
9th July 2005, 05:15 PM
That looks close enough to standard T8 settings. Put your basic boost up to 0.5 bar and wind the F pot all the way around, with the P pot raised to between 6 and 7 o'clock. That'll test your new intercooler setup :cheesy:

Si
9th July 2005, 05:28 PM
I'm gonna end up with a box with loads of dials n switches in the car, will be fun setting it up:cheesy: .

How temping will it be to lean over and flick the switch sitting at traffic lights:cheesy:

I always thought the car in taxi(the original not nasty hollywood version) was cool:lol: .

Just the 3" downpipe to sort out.....

Matthew
9th July 2005, 05:54 PM
Not to mention how the tolerances of components will have changed during 12+ years of service life.