Dimmed Dash Lights [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Dimmed Dash Lights

Aegon
27-06-05, 06:52 PM
My 9-2X Aero has a problem with extra dim dash lights.

I like to drive with my headlights on during the day for visibility/safety. I've turned my dimmer to the maximum brightness and it is still hard as heck to determine if the AC is on or if it is on recirc.

However, I have found that the stereo brightness can be turned up by holding the power button in for a few seconds.

Has anyone fixed the problem by increasing LED output? I'm considering doing this myself.

92xdriver86
27-06-05, 07:01 PM
Make sure that you have your headlight dimmer set to off. Although the lights do automatically turn off when when you turn your lights off, to have all the interior lights so that you can actually see them, the dimmer must be set to off. Hope this helps. i had the same problem.

Aegon
27-06-05, 07:05 PM
Make sure that you have your headlight dimmer set to off.

Great, thanks for the help!

Aegon
27-06-05, 09:45 PM
I turned the dimmer all the way down and that didn't help. There is no "off" setting on the dimmer that I can find...

qcomdrj
28-06-05, 05:03 PM
If you aren't running HIDs, then you already have DRLs that come on during the day.
Other than that, it is a common problem not to be able to see the indicator for the A/C. There is a thread devoted to it on the "other" Saab 92x forum.
Sort of taking off the "condom" on the LED and making it white, there isn't much you can do.