Port and polish the 6 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Port and polish the 6

JamMasterJoe
5th December 2002, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking about making that 2.5 into a three in my 94' 900 S i would also like to know if its possable to drop in a supercharger. Any suggestions

conradFL
6th December 2002, 05:43 PM
Hi,

Well I guess my first question is, how thick are your cylinder walls and my second question is, is there a place for a supercharger in the engine bay?

JamMasterJoe
16th December 2002, 11:59 AM
Well I guess I havent figured it all out yet. Me and my buddy were going to make it a summer project to pull out the intake manifoled and port and polish it and turn it into a 3 lt. but you know I'm very A.D.D. so my plans could infact conflict with reality. How big is a suppercharger anyways. :)

fabry827
23rd December 2002, 08:32 PM
Hey man, porting and polishing the intake manifold will not increase the displacement any. You would need some type of stroker kit or else, as stated earlier, bore the walls of each cylinder out and fit new oversized pistons. In my opinion, either one of the larger displacement options would be more expensive, diffcult, and time consuming than they are worth. Porting the intake manifold would still give you increased power and response, though, so it is not a bad idea to do that anyway. I hope this helps you out some, Justin.

JamMasterJoe
2nd January 2003, 01:19 AM
thanks for that information. what would be a good first mod for the car. just something like a k&n air breather with a 3in tube out of the air box and a performance butterfly valve or is there something else I could slap on there to give it a little more umph.