Steering wheel vibrations only from 55-65mph help!! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Steering wheel vibrations only from 55-65mph help!!

dasaabguy
4th December 2002, 09:26 PM
I have a 95 900set and am recently experiencing steering wheel vibration at higher speeds (usually at around 55-65mph). I just had my 18" wheels rotated and balanced last week and today i got a 4 wheel computerized alignment.Still have the problem. Has anyone experienced this same problem, if so please share your experience with me and how did you fix it!

I asked the alignment guy and he said the polyurethane bushings upgrade will not make a difference.( he actually said they usually tend to make more noise with age).

Please share your wisdom.......... :cry:

JamMasterJoe
5th December 2002, 02:39 PM
I recently had a problem with the tierod on my 94' 900. It seems to be a common problem with the somewhat older modles. But my car would violently vibrait and shake at higher speeds, after hitting larg bumbs and potthols and sometimes while going around a turn. I took care of the tierod and the cars been driving great ever since.

slob900
5th December 2002, 11:52 PM
I have almost the same problem it vibrates at about 55-65 but also when i'm braking and the speedo goes down past the 35mph mark i get like a side to side vibrating in the steering wheel. I have had the rotors checked and they are not warped either. I also have two sets of wheels/tires one for winter one for summer and both do the same and are balanced properly. Unfortunately no solution :cry: let me know if anyone has one!!!

abrownson
7th December 2002, 03:28 PM
You've probably already seem my posts on the vibration problems I had. The problems began at a certain speed band (e.g. 60-70mph), but this varied whenever I had the wheels balanced or rotated, and it then started to occur when braking, accelerating, or holding speed. I had the wheels balanced several times over a few months, and oddly they always needed some adjustment - this should have given me a clue that a wheel itself was knackered. Still, I had the inner drive joints replaced, without any success. In the end I tried a new set of wheels, and this solved the problem.

It sounds like it isn't a wheel problem for you, so I would check the inner drive joints to start with. Sorry I can't be of any help. Best of luck with it.

saabsaabrob
18th December 2002, 12:20 PM
I would agree that tires are not the cause. I have a similar issue with mine, and the vibration is coming from my front right side, through steering - doesn't watter which tire I put on it. Tie rod, inner joints seem to be the way to go for an inspection.