An Introduction [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: An Introduction

Scousetechie
10-06-05, 05:28 AM
Hello all. I just thought I'd make myself known having joined yesterday.
I currently drive a Mercedes C200 sport estate but about a month ago we bought a lovely black 9-5 2.3 estate (1999) for my "other half" and I have to say that I'm totally impressed with it so much so that when the Merc gets retired in about a years time I'm going for another 9-5. I always liked Saabs from when I drove a 99 EMS back in the '70s in Sweden but I have to say that the 9-5 is lovely.

Well that's why I joined having lurked around this site for about a month, very informative and nice place to stop by IMHO.

Kermit
10-06-05, 05:43 AM
Welcome to SaabCentral Scouse.:cheesy: (cue the hubcaps jokes) Pop into the 9-5 forum and do a search on "PCV" (if you haven't already), its something you will find beneficial to your 9-5 ownership.

Scousetechie
10-06-05, 05:51 AM
.................:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

SaabScott
10-06-05, 07:16 AM
Welcome to Saab Central!:cheesy:

We've had a bunch of new guys in lately ... I think we need to think up something for initiation!;) ;)

Returned
10-06-05, 07:22 AM
Stag night special?

Lampost, spray paint, clothes removed, digital camera, handcuffs, hooker, call the plod.

:cheesy:

What a night!

Welcome to Saabcentral Scousetechie!

eggsngrits
10-06-05, 10:18 AM
Stag night special?

Lampost, spray paint, clothes removed, digital camera, handcuffs, hooker, call the plod.

:cheesy:

What a night!

Welcome to Saabcentral Scousetechie!

Whew... I'm glad I joined before this conversation started up...;) ;) All I got was carpal tunnel from the clicking and typing to register.

DavidMorgan
10-06-05, 10:28 AM
Friday night on the pubs in East Molesy..:cheesy:

Bienvenue Scousetechie...
You have found a good crowd here...

CleveSaab
10-06-05, 11:34 AM
Welcome!!

and I have to say that I'm totally impressed with it so much so that when the Merc gets retired in about a years time I'm going for another 9-5.

So strange how that happens. We bought a convertible for my wife a few years ago (you might want to look into a 9-3 vert).
Then I got one. Then we got her a newer vert. Then I got a newer 900.
It a sickness I tell you!

saabasaaba
10-06-05, 01:18 PM
Welcome to SaabCentral Scousetechie... trust me you are going to LOVE this place. :cheesy:

THE ANORAK
10-06-05, 06:42 PM
Welcome Scousetechie from another scouse-anorakie !!

Nice motors them there 9-5 estates or why do they get called SHOOTING BRAKE ?
Many helpful and funny people contribute on this site long may it continue :lol:

Tweek's Turbos
10-06-05, 10:23 PM
Welcome welcome, see to it that its an 02 or newer.;)

Returned
11-06-05, 05:25 AM
Originall posted by DavidMorgan

Friday night on the pubs in East Molesy..:cheesy:

Friday night!

In East Molesey that's a Monday afternoon!!!!:o

I would need to be a member of a different kind of internet chat place to explain Friday night. ;)

Finn
11-06-05, 05:31 AM
Welcome to SaabCentral Scousetechie http://phpbb88.com/phpbb/images/smiles/th_welcome.gif

Great choice of car by the way :cheesy:

DavidMorgan
12-06-05, 07:06 AM
Welcome Scousetechie from another scouse-anorakie !!

Nice motors them there 9-5 estates or why do they get called SHOOTING BRAKE ?
Many helpful and funny people contribute on this site long may it continue :lol:

Scousetechie, you are the most welcome here, have a good Sunday. Could be a great F1 today...:p

A Shooting Break is a vehicle, at first horse-drawn, to accomany the hunt..
David Brown "Aston Martin DB" had one made for himself!
This link http://www.pestalozzi.net/sb/about_term.htm shows a more recent model and detailed explanation.

Willy Wonka
12-06-05, 07:31 AM
Welcome aboard !
Nice wagons, parked next to one. Seems very steady compared to the hummer on the other side of it. Lots of members use them at the marina.

Scousetechie
13-06-05, 04:53 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I think I'm going to enjoy it here. :D

mac_the_dog
13-06-05, 06:54 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I think I'm going to enjoy it here. :D
I've been a member for about a month now - Great site / Great People ! :cheesy: !

I've also got a '99 2.3 lpt estate, and love it. My brother (a merc owner) is also a little envious - and is thinking of changing! - If he does - make the new initiation as painful as you like :evil: :lol: ;)