An Introduction [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: An Introduction

Scousetechie
10th June 2005, 05:28 AM
Hello all. I just thought I'd make myself known having joined yesterday.
I currently drive a Mercedes C200 sport estate but about a month ago we bought a lovely black 9-5 2.3 estate (1999) for my "other half" and I have to say that I'm totally impressed with it so much so that when the Merc gets retired in about a years time I'm going for another 9-5. I always liked Saabs from when I drove a 99 EMS back in the '70s in Sweden but I have to say that the 9-5 is lovely.

Well that's why I joined having lurked around this site for about a month, very informative and nice place to stop by IMHO.

Kermit
10th June 2005, 05:43 AM
Welcome to SaabCentral Scouse.:cheesy: (cue the hubcaps jokes) Pop into the 9-5 forum and do a search on "PCV" (if you haven't already), its something you will find beneficial to your 9-5 ownership.

Scousetechie
10th June 2005, 05:51 AM
.................:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

SaabScott
10th June 2005, 07:16 AM
Welcome to Saab Central!:cheesy:

We've had a bunch of new guys in lately ... I think we need to think up something for initiation!;) ;)

Returned
10th June 2005, 07:22 AM
Stag night special?

Lampost, spray paint, clothes removed, digital camera, handcuffs, hooker, call the plod.

:cheesy:

What a night!

Welcome to Saabcentral Scousetechie!

eggsngrits
10th June 2005, 10:18 AM
Stag night special?

Lampost, spray paint, clothes removed, digital camera, handcuffs, hooker, call the plod.

:cheesy:

What a night!

Welcome to Saabcentral Scousetechie!

Whew... I'm glad I joined before this conversation started up...;) ;) All I got was carpal tunnel from the clicking and typing to register.

DavidMorgan
10th June 2005, 10:28 AM
Friday night on the pubs in East Molesy..:cheesy:

Bienvenue Scousetechie...
You have found a good crowd here...

CleveSaab
10th June 2005, 11:34 AM
Welcome!!

and I have to say that I'm totally impressed with it so much so that when the Merc gets retired in about a years time I'm going for another 9-5.

So strange how that happens. We bought a convertible for my wife a few years ago (you might want to look into a 9-3 vert).
Then I got one. Then we got her a newer vert. Then I got a newer 900.
It a sickness I tell you!

saabasaaba
10th June 2005, 01:18 PM
Welcome to SaabCentral Scousetechie... trust me you are going to LOVE this place. :cheesy:

THE ANORAK
10th June 2005, 06:42 PM
Welcome Scousetechie from another scouse-anorakie !!

Nice motors them there 9-5 estates or why do they get called SHOOTING BRAKE ?
Many helpful and funny people contribute on this site long may it continue :lol:

Tweek's Turbos
10th June 2005, 10:23 PM
Welcome welcome, see to it that its an 02 or newer.;)

Returned
11th June 2005, 05:25 AM
Originall posted by DavidMorgan

Friday night on the pubs in East Molesy..:cheesy:

Friday night!

In East Molesey that's a Monday afternoon!!!!:o

I would need to be a member of a different kind of internet chat place to explain Friday night. ;)

Finn
11th June 2005, 05:31 AM
Welcome to SaabCentral Scousetechie http://phpbb88.com/phpbb/images/smiles/th_welcome.gif

Great choice of car by the way :cheesy:

DavidMorgan
12th June 2005, 07:06 AM
Welcome Scousetechie from another scouse-anorakie !!

Nice motors them there 9-5 estates or why do they get called SHOOTING BRAKE ?
Many helpful and funny people contribute on this site long may it continue :lol:

Scousetechie, you are the most welcome here, have a good Sunday. Could be a great F1 today...:p

A Shooting Break is a vehicle, at first horse-drawn, to accomany the hunt..
David Brown "Aston Martin DB" had one made for himself!
This link http://www.pestalozzi.net/sb/about_term.htm shows a more recent model and detailed explanation.

Willy Wonka
12th June 2005, 07:31 AM
Welcome aboard !
Nice wagons, parked next to one. Seems very steady compared to the hummer on the other side of it. Lots of members use them at the marina.

Scousetechie
13th June 2005, 04:53 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I think I'm going to enjoy it here. :D

mac_the_dog
13th June 2005, 06:54 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I think I'm going to enjoy it here. :D
I've been a member for about a month now - Great site / Great People ! :cheesy: !

I've also got a '99 2.3 lpt estate, and love it. My brother (a merc owner) is also a little envious - and is thinking of changing! - If he does - make the new initiation as painful as you like :evil: :lol: ;)