Tested 9-7x - I was curious... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Tested 9-7x - I was curious...

boomerbman
02-06-05, 12:44 PM
I cringed looking at it while approaching, not loving the rear/3-qtr rear view I had. Things got much better after getting in. Salesman let me "open it up" a bit. My 2 cents after 52 mins of driving an Arc:

Idle: Very smooth, very little vibration.
Acceleration: Very good/very torquey. Smooth.
Cornering: Most impressed with cornering. Good balance. Lot less bounce/body roll/lean than expected. Feels lower than your actual sitting height. Seats give mediocre lateral support.
Look: Interior more refined than other GMT360s'. Exterior ok--love the Saaby front though.
Overall - Very good manners, considering the girth.

BTW: fully loaded Arc's at ~$35k, down from ~$39-40k with discounts. If $10-15k more, would be a tough sell vs caddy srx, lexus gx, bmw x5, volvo xc90, infiniti fx and the cayenne/toureg i6's. Personally not convinced on SUV over my Aero wagon (I don't need the towing) but you must experience this rig to appreciate it. I like torque and manueverability and the 9-7x was tweaked well and does deliver. It should do well with the sporty SUV set.

BTW(2): Dealer Cst Srv rep said big 9-7x changes planned - like how Caddy's Escalade evolved quickly since intro year.

My 2 cents.

Boomer

apzer09
02-06-05, 06:15 PM
BTW(2): Dealer Cst Srv rep said big 9-7x changes planned - like how Caddy's Escalade evolved quickly since intro year.
Well for 2006 the I-6 goes up to 290 hp, which puts it 10 hp away from the V8. The GMT360s are supposed to be redesigned soon, so big changes should be happening within the next couple years. With the GMS pricing though, now seems like a pretty good time to buy.