HELP! Trying to get a viggen bumper from belgium!!! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: HELP! Trying to get a viggen bumper from belgium!!!

dasaabguy
26th November 2002, 02:16 PM
Has anyone ever shipped from belgium to the US or know about how much it would cost to send a viggen front bumper from Belgium to Southern California. I just contacted FedEx intl and they want an outrageous $1,692.00 to ship. Please HELP!

Does anyone know of any intl freight shippers that have reasonable rates???

plg101
26th November 2002, 03:34 PM
As a company we often ship very large (100kg+) around Europe and the World.

Sending on short service is damn expensive, we often opt for the land/sea service - or rather, the customer prefers us to.

If you can wait 6 weeks-3months for it then try UPS or TNT - but you will probably have to speak to a local office rather than the web pricing. Even the quick find found it for 700euro... but still way too pricey.

Or find a friendly company with a corporate account (and the respective discounts) ?

Paul

dasaabguy
26th November 2002, 03:52 PM
thanks for the input plg.... i will look into it!!

Mark P
26th November 2002, 04:32 PM
Has anyone ever shipped from belgium to the US or know about how much it would cost to send a viggen front bumper from Belgium to Southern California. I just contacted FedEx intl and they want an outrageous $1,692.00 to ship. Please HELP!

Does anyone know of any intl freight shippers that have reasonable rates???

That truly is outrageous. :o

It'd be cheaper to book a cheap flight to Belgium, get a train to the store, buy the bumper, have a belly full of Belgium beer and some waffles, get a train/taxi back to the airport and fly back home..... 8)

Mark P
26th November 2002, 04:38 PM
But seriously, I'll ask the shipping guy at work which service he uses. (we have an office in the states)

Mark P

swedishmotors
30th November 2002, 09:01 AM
Personally I would opt for Mark's suggestion.

Belgum Beer and Waffles :lol:

No, but can't you find the bumper in the states?

I'm sure I can help you find something. . .

dasaabguy
2nd December 2002, 11:16 AM
Adam, if you can find me something here in the states that is reasonably priced, it would be great! Let me know if you run across anything?????

Thanks
:D

swedishmotors
2nd December 2002, 01:57 PM
So,
A new viggen front bumper cover is $705.00.

This is unpainted, so you should figure another $100-$175 for a quality paint job.

I made a few phone calls for a used one but the verdict came in as - Viggens are usually wrecked by head on collisions, so used front bumpers are rare.

I'll do some more research but looks like new might be the only option.
:-?

Marky
2nd December 2002, 03:00 PM
does that price include the tow eye cover?

dasaabguy
2nd December 2002, 03:10 PM
hey marky any luck finding a shipper??????? 8)

swedishmotors
2nd December 2002, 03:50 PM
No, doesn't include the tow eye cover, those are $69.00

Marky
2nd December 2002, 04:32 PM
no not yet,

I hope to find out more this week.
:roll:

swedishmotors
7th January 2003, 08:59 AM
Front Bumper Cover - $705
Tow eye cover - $69
Rear Bumper Cover - $640
Side Skirts (Each Side) - $440
Jack Pad Covers - $55 each (4 required)
Door Sills (Viggen) - $93 each

$2191
As a kit I can discount the parts at least $110, maybe more.

Marky
7th January 2003, 11:39 AM
You'll need 4 side retainers too in order to get it mounted. Those aren't cheap as I paid them $300 at my local Saab dealer.

Regards,

Marc

Marky
7th January 2003, 03:39 PM
Another thing Adam...

I think you made an error with the total :nono;
When I add them up I get a total of $2700

regards,

Marc

swedishmotors
7th January 2003, 03:42 PM
Correct $2700, I fogot to double the side skirts and the door sills.

sa900ab
7th January 2003, 08:34 PM
Marky what is the need for the 4 side retainers? :-?

Marky
8th January 2003, 10:09 AM
The side retainers need to be changed because the viggen bumpers are longer or lower on the side then the original ones. Those retainers are plastic blocks that snap on the bumper cover. Then on the other side they click into the body shelf and hold the bumer in its place. For example: The rear bumper is mounted with 2 nuts and 2 side retainers. The nuts hold and prevent the cover from falling off and the side retainers hold the cover towards the body shelf on the side. It's kinda difficult to expain because english isen't my native language, but I hope that you understand it.
Regards,

Marc