9-3 SPORT EXHAUST FITTING NG 900 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 9-3 SPORT EXHAUST FITTING NG 900

dasaabguy
21-11-02, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a 9-3 sport exhaust on a NG 900 with minor modification? I have been wanting a new exhaust system for my NG900 for a few months now. I found a brand new sport exhaust for a 9-3, dirt cheap and was wondering if anyone new how much I would have to modify it so it could fit my NG 900. Does anyone know how different these exhaust systems are (meaning angles, thickness)? I wouldnt mind spending a few dollars to have my buddy over at Scott's Performance do some "minor" cutting and welding if thats all thats necessary.

All you saab experts......Please Help!

Jeremy R.
22-11-02, 12:09 AM
The 9-3 and NG900 sport exhausts are exactly the same, except the NG900 version came with a tip, but you have to buy one seperately with the 9-3 version. The muffler, center pipe, and the clamps are identical in every way. The Viggen exhaust (which was just discontinued) even fits without modification. That's the great thing about Saab using the same platform and the same engine from 1994-2002.

karl900s
10-12-02, 07:30 PM
So....... where did you find this exhaust system? Was it new or used? How much are you paying? If you can tell us. I am looking to do the same. Talifarro Saab is selling it for $340, which is pretty good. Is your price better?

dasaabguy
11-12-02, 07:26 PM
I have a buddy who generously donated it to me! I was expecting to give him at least $50 bucks but he said I could have it! So i was stoked, i got a 9-3v Sport muffler for free. He works for Saab Parts at a dealer.... :wink: