Vibration [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Vibration

Cmarksmith
21-11-02, 02:03 PM
Can anyone help with the possible cause of vibration on my 1993 CDE 2.3 auto. I have checked the wheel balancing and this is not the problem. It is particularly noticeable when accellerating at anything over 45mph and reduces when at a constant speed. It feels like something is out of balance with the front drive??? Thanks, Mark

Alanb
21-11-02, 03:42 PM
Sounds very much like worn inner drivers. Is the mileage quite high? High mileage cars suffer from this problem. One test is to get under the car and try to move the axle up and down (not side to side). If there is any movement then the cups are worn.

One no-expense solution is to swap the driver cups side to side. The cups attach to the gearbox and the driveshafts sit inside them. It's a bit of an involved job to swap them but certainly not beyond the capabilities of a home mechanic.
Alanb

Cmarksmith
22-11-02, 07:54 PM
Thanks Alan for the advice. I will give that a try. Regards, Mark

cyberboblouth
28-06-05, 03:09 PM
Mark,

Sounds just like the problem I have now. Did you get yours resolved?

I have been underneath my car, there is no play in any joints. The only thing I didn't like is when I turn one of the wheels there is a clink in the gearbox bottom as I change rotation direction. The engine mounts are good and I have installed new inner CV joints as well as new disks and pads.

Any other ideas?

Robert.