Superchip [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Superchip

Mark P
18-11-02, 03:59 PM
Went with a colleague of mine to get his GM900 ('96) Superchipped today. (He's running completely standard at present). The promise of 10-12 bhp and a bit more torque didn't excite me much (not for 300), but it's made quite a noticable difference. It seems to have considerably more low-end torque and without doubt pulls much more cleanly (I had to have a couple of goes to prove to myself that it really did make such a difference!). :cheesy:

His insurance company don't charge any extra either.

Time to count all those pound coins in my 'big whisky bottle' I think :roll:

Mark P

slob900
19-11-02, 10:12 AM
Was this a non-turbo car??? If so where can i get one??? or can't i get one of these in America? :(

Mark P
19-11-02, 11:37 AM
Yup. Bog standard normally aspirated GM900...

Had another go today. Worth every penny!

www.superchip.com or www.superchips.co.uk

Mark P

boyanton
03-12-02, 07:31 PM
V-6 2.5L Motor? is this SuperChip a "drop-in" Do-it-yourself-able? I hope since I'm in the US and the US Superchip Dist. don't carry SAAB chips. Or is this a EPROM "Flash" ? Where did he get it? I'd love to give them a email to see if I can get one for my 1994 900SE V-6 2.5L, at least I won't have to pay the VAT being in the US....

Let me know, Thanks!

karl900s
03-12-02, 11:14 PM
Superchip's website says that they install the chip for you. Will they just ship the chip to me in the US? How long will it take to get here?

Munki
11-12-02, 04:41 AM
Why is there no link to the SaabCentral site in their Car Clubs section...? You are after all giving them a free add here.. :D