Superchip [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Superchip

Mark P
18th November 2002, 03:59 PM
Went with a colleague of mine to get his GM900 ('96) Superchipped today. (He's running completely standard at present). The promise of 10-12 bhp and a bit more torque didn't excite me much (not for 300), but it's made quite a noticable difference. It seems to have considerably more low-end torque and without doubt pulls much more cleanly (I had to have a couple of goes to prove to myself that it really did make such a difference!). :cheesy:

His insurance company don't charge any extra either.

Time to count all those pound coins in my 'big whisky bottle' I think :roll:

Mark P

slob900
19th November 2002, 10:12 AM
Was this a non-turbo car??? If so where can i get one??? or can't i get one of these in America? :(

Mark P
19th November 2002, 11:37 AM
Yup. Bog standard normally aspirated GM900...

Had another go today. Worth every penny!

www.superchip.com or www.superchips.co.uk

Mark P

boyanton
3rd December 2002, 07:31 PM
V-6 2.5L Motor? is this SuperChip a "drop-in" Do-it-yourself-able? I hope since I'm in the US and the US Superchip Dist. don't carry SAAB chips. Or is this a EPROM "Flash" ? Where did he get it? I'd love to give them a email to see if I can get one for my 1994 900SE V-6 2.5L, at least I won't have to pay the VAT being in the US....

Let me know, Thanks!

karl900s
3rd December 2002, 11:14 PM
Superchip's website says that they install the chip for you. Will they just ship the chip to me in the US? How long will it take to get here?

Munki
11th December 2002, 04:41 AM
Why is there no link to the SaabCentral site in their Car Clubs section...? You are after all giving them a free add here.. :D