Possbile future 9-5X/9-6X ? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Possbile future 9-5X/9-6X ?

SaabKen
25-04-05, 03:33 PM
Would this be a possible future 9-5X/9-6X, whatever they decide to call 9-7X's younger brother ? I wonder if this will replace the current -gen Vue/Equinox ?

http://www.americancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050422.003

Raven18940
25-04-05, 04:35 PM
I sure hope that isn't the saab 9-5X

93Linear
26-04-05, 12:52 PM
How can you be so negative Raven? I mean ... they haven't changed the lights, moved the ignition switch, or put the GM badges on the side yet ... :roll:

cyboexpo2002
26-04-05, 03:56 PM
How can you be so negative Raven? I mean ... they haven't changed the lights, moved the ignition switch, or put the GM badges on the side yet ... :roll:

Heh! The sad thing is this is how Bob Lutz was talking about Saab vehicles a few months ago :roll:

Fla2Cali
28-04-05, 02:53 AM
This concept is nothing more than a concept... the S3X concept they speak of though is in fact based off the Theta platform and it definately is the nicest SUV to come off the platform so far. GM-DAT(Daewoo) engineers/designers are way better than the engineers/designers here in the US. The S3X concept has been well accepted at autoshows thats why it will go onsale next year in Europe as a Chevy (daewoos are chevys in Europe now). The quality of the near production interior and all was very impressive. It will obviously be built in Korea and SAAB can build their version there too. I really believe SAAB can do what they did with the Epsilon platform(9-3SS) to the Theta platform and make a good SUV and more SAAb-like SUV than the 9-7x could ever be or any truck based SUV for that matter.

Just think the Equinox/Vue are BMW X3 sized so just imagine SAAB styling in and out and the 9-3SS engines... that would definately sell both in NA and Europe. That wouldn't be too expensive for GM to do since the parts are all there just body and interior pieces...and since it will be built in Korea the cost to manufacture it will be less expensive than the 9-3SS giving it the same if not lower price for a bigger overall vehicle. As for name I've already mentioned 9-4X :cool: ...GM if your reading take a hint already..

sorry for the long post guys.