Saab 99T to race at Targa Tasmania [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Saab 99T to race at Targa Tasmania

Swade
21st April 2005, 03:51 AM
Dan Rotman, a member of the Saab Car Club of Australia and frequent poster here at Saab Central, will be racing his Saab 99 Turbo around the highways of Tasmania in one of the world's great tarmac rallies.

Dan has agreed to allow me to provide web coverage of the event for all comers to follow and enjoy.

The race itself starts on Tuesday the 26th, but I've prepared an introductory piece about Dan and the car. (http://redinterior.typepad.com/trollhattan/2005/04/saab_99_turbo_i.html)

Any Saab endeavour in Motorsport should be appreciated, supported, and encouraged. I hope you'll stop by and give him your support. Please leave any messages of support here in this thread.

I'll be posting more information about the race in the next few days and daily updates on Dan's progress once the race starts.
Cheers,

Raven18940
21st April 2005, 12:19 PM
Very cool. Do you know anything more about the engine he's using? Like what displacement, compression raitos, 8 or 16 valves? I like that technical stuff. :)

8valvegrowl
21st April 2005, 01:01 PM
I imagine being a 99T it has the 8-valve B201-B that all 99T's had...

200HP! That's a pretty good figure at the wheels for an 8-valve turbo...very sweet car...I wish him luck!

Swade
21st April 2005, 07:26 PM
Very cool. Do you know anything more about the engine he's using? Like what displacement, compression raitos, 8 or 16 valves? I like that technical stuff. :)
Raven, time pressure has prevented me from getting all the tech stuff. I'll try to get it on the weekend when Dan will be down here in Tassie for the race. I'll have a bit more time to catch up with him and he'll have a bit more time (hopefully) too. Although Dan, if you're checking in here prior to jumping on the boat, then feel free to inform. :cool: