Latest Saab-i Newsletter [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Latest Saab-i Newsletter

Simon
19-04-05, 07:37 AM
http://saab-i.saab.com/nicelink/webmail/213585R0LSnaGcWwIEnyN6t.html

SaabKen
19-04-05, 11:23 AM
Did Saab North America offer Hirsch Performance this side of the pond before ? I thought it's mostly a European option.

Rob in Atlanta
19-04-05, 03:14 PM
Did Saab North America offer Hirsch Performance this side of the pond before ? I thought it's mostly a European option. You could get the 9-5 with the Hirsch performance upgrades on the engine as a factory option. The SAAB Catalog still has the option. I don't believe any other Hirsch upgrades were offered.

93Linear
19-04-05, 03:48 PM
Did Saab North America offer Hirsch Performance this side of the pond before ? I thought it's mostly a European option.

Ken ... I missed where it says it is offered now in NA ... the newsletter Simon has posted seems to be of the Brit variety to me (the Summer Check bit at the end talks about "tyres" instead of "tires") ... and there is a disclaimer in the Hirsch section saying "Please note: Hirsch Performance products are only available in certain markets and the range may vary from country to country. "

Hopefully I missed something?

SaabKen
19-04-05, 04:04 PM
You're right, my mistakte as I thought I was looking at the SaabUSA site ;oops:

But why doesn't Saab offer Hirsch upgrades across the board in all markets ? Aren't M-series, Audi S and RS series, Jag's R-type and MB's AMG variants offered globally ? And isn't Caddy gonna offer V-series wherever Caddys are sold ? I don't understand the limited access to Hirsch'd Saabs :(

Ken ... I missed where it says it is offered now in NA ... the newsletter Simon has posted seems to be of the Brit variety to me (the Summer Check bit at the end talks about "tyres" instead of "tires") ... and there is a disclaimer in the Hirsch section saying "Please note: Hirsch Performance products are only available in certain markets and the range may vary from country to country. "

Hopefully I missed something?

93Linear
19-04-05, 04:24 PM
I think you are right about all of those, but the RS ... don't think that has ever been offereed in the States. But ... ummm ... yeah, kinda sucks; but there have always been hot versions of European and Japanese cars that we never get a chance to touch ... except through the "gray market."

I can't imagine why Hirsch isn't offered here ... logistics? ... safety regs? (really doubt this one, but just thinking) ... snobbing the US market? ... we complain too much about the car without it being modded? lol I'm at a loss