9-3 SportCombi launch delayed [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 9-3 SportCombi launch delayed

SaabKen
15th April 2005, 03:38 PM
Damn, SaabUSA site now says it will be launched "early 2006". WTF ??? When I was at local auto show Saab Canada staff told me the same thing and I didn't believe them (cuz they're GM staff who knows diddly about Saabs) and thought maybe the Canadian launch is behind the US launch. Well NOW it's confirmed (at least for time being) :evil:

http://www.saabusa.com/saabjsp/935/index.jsp

GM Canada site still says fourth quarter 2005, then again they're always behind with updates and it's so pathetic :roll: and bears very little resemblance to the US site:

http://www.gmcanada.com/ssi/static/english/vehicles/2005/saab/news/pressReleases_13.html

TuuSaR
15th April 2005, 05:46 PM
Europe and most likely much of else world will get it first. Test cars should be at dealers "pretty soon" and deliverys beginning from September. :cheesy:

Some told a very long time ago that USA will get Combi 6 months later and that seems to be the truth.

From some reason they dont want or cant do simultaneous launch. But that is pretty sure that this Combi is far more important in Europe and when considering currencys, why play Santa Claus and hurry to give cars to the USA without profit.

So I would change the topic.

SaabKen
15th April 2005, 06:09 PM
I supposed you are correct, as all the articles so far indicate SportCombi would only increase annual North American sales by 5,000-10,000 units, while in Europe it is positioned to be the best-selling Saab model.

Still, I'm sure everyone in N. America is anxiously waiting for it like I am.

Swade
15th April 2005, 07:00 PM
You guys should try living here in Australia!!! Every new release is about 6-12 months behind the rest of the world.

At least we're ahead on timezone. :confused:

al aero
15th April 2005, 11:02 PM
You guys should try living here in Australia!!! Every new release is about 6-12 months behind the rest of the world.

At least we're ahead on timezone. :confused:

The dealers in Australia have been promised that the 9-3combi will be here and in dealerships in the 1st 1/2 of 2006.

Considering what happened at the recent dealership conference in Queensland Australia, it would be in Saab best interest to have the 93combi and the the re-skinned 95 here before the dealerships pull a mutiny on them!!

timmehhhhhh
16th April 2005, 01:03 AM
sure you're waiting for it, but are you gonna buy it? if not, that's probably why they're delaying it.

Jon Boy
16th April 2005, 05:06 AM
We are getting a pre-production model for a exclusive viewing on the 29th April in our showroom for one day

As are most of the other UK dealers :D

andante
16th April 2005, 05:17 AM
Considering what happened at the recent dealership conference in Queensland Australia, it would be in Saab best interest to have the 93combi and the the re-skinned 95 here before the dealerships pull a mutiny on them!!
What happened?

Swade
16th April 2005, 09:19 AM
The dealers in Australia have been promised that the 9-3combi will be here and in dealerships in the 1st 1/2 of 2006.

Al,

I was talking to Tony down here shortly after that and he gave the impression it was interesting. I didn't have time to press him for details, but it sounds like I should have!

al aero
16th April 2005, 09:32 AM
Al,

I was talking to Tony down here shortly after that and he gave the impression it was interesting. I didn't have time to press him for details, but it sounds like I should have!

Not going into to much details, they basically said get your S**t together and start advertising spend more money on marketing etc etc.we have next to no advertising or marketing on Saab, both in print and television media .

the dealer's are just getting fed up downunder!!

Swade
16th April 2005, 08:00 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw a TV ad here in Tasmania. Tony gets print media ads, but they're fairly small and I'd say ineffective without accompanying TV. He did sound pretty frustrated by it. And assuming this is you Alex, you would have seen for yourself the floorspace he has at Motors back at Easter. His old floorspace, which was to proper Saab dealership spec, got shunted off to Hyundai. :evil:

SaabKen
17th April 2005, 12:07 PM
I see magazine ads more often, but rarely newspaper ads, for Saab here. Can't say about TV cuz we stopped watching and discontinued our cable service, but when I'm over at my folks the only TV ads I've seen are US-based (90% of our channels are from US).

And Saab Canada's website is nothing to brag about.

Ken

saabluster
18th April 2005, 02:52 AM
I just got back from the Dallas auto show and the swedish rep said Jan 06 for USA launch.