European Delivery [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: European Delivery

sethsev7n
15th April 2005, 02:52 PM
Why wouldn't you take the option of European Delivery?

I was looking at the costs.. lets say you wanted to buy a new 9-3SS Aero. In the US, the MSRP is $33,570. If you choose to take the euro delivery, the price is $29,890. And those are just the MSRP prices. Also, SAAB will give you $2,000 for travel expenses to get over there.. so lets say $800-1000 plane ticket, and a week of driving around europe with $1000 in food/lodging.. I don't see a disadvantage here.. I see a beautiful trip for free plus savings on your new car. Why isn't this done more often?

db93a
15th April 2005, 03:25 PM

I was looking at the costs.. lets say you wanted to buy a new 9-3SS Aero. In the US, the MSRP is $33,570. If you choose to take the euro delivery, the price is $29,890. And those are just the MSRP prices. Also, SAAB will give you $2,000 for travel expenses to get over there.. so lets say $800-1000 plane ticket, and a week of driving around europe with $1000 in food/lodging.. I don't see a disadvantage here.. I see a beautiful trip for free plus savings on your new car. Why isn't this done more often?

I'd have certainly done it when I got my car, but I found exactly what I wanted (colour,options) on the lot and it was a 2004 model in December of '03 that was discounted $5k as if it were an '03 model (which were all gone). The car was exactly what I'd have ordered, and that incentive discount helped make up for the bath I took on a trade. I didn't want to make two more high monthly payments on a Porsche (which was basically a mid-life crisis decision to get it and and of all the cars I've ever had, it was the closest to being worth every penny I spent). So.......... I did the deal right there, I knew I'd take a bath trading but there's a lot about my decision that I won't get into here, basically it was the right thing to do at the time.

Next time I will order the car and do Trollhatten delivery. I'll wait until the V6 Turbo Aero has been out at least 6 months, and if things look good with reliability and the engine gets kudos, I'll trade my '04 Aero for an '06 and take a trip to Sweden, before the place turns into nothing more than a Cadillac factory.

novacoke
15th April 2005, 04:27 PM

For me its a disadvantage because I would lose employee pricing, but otherwise I probably would have done it. You could probably still save a little more here by talking the dealer down, use the EDP as some leverage, but I think the trip would be worth the cost difference.

DeLorean
15th April 2005, 06:01 PM
well it won't be long now before you have to go to detroit, japan or germany to get your saabs.... :cry: