waste gate actuator arm clip [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: waste gate actuator arm clip

Porsche Guy
11-11-02, 09:05 PM
Damn! I hate base boost. My little clip has fallen off the waste gate lever. Worse yet, the damn thing is rusted in the little hole.

Any of you folks have any tricks for either

1 - removing the rusted in portion of the pin

or

2 - finding a new way, like a self threading nut, to hold on the waste gate actuator arm?

Help!!!

NickP
14-11-02, 07:37 AM
Sorry m8y, the only tip is to get someone else to do it for free!

Try WD40ing it and use the point of a needle file to try and push the rusted pin out enough for you to get a grip with some pliers...good luck

cdcarlsson
14-11-02, 01:02 PM
If it's really inaccessable try borrowing/ buying a small modelmakers drill, and drilling out the rusted pin. My drill cost less than 30 and clips on to the car battery for ease of use. It's really small and goes into tight corners, but is 100w and powerful enough to drill out pins etc.

Porsche Guy
14-11-02, 01:07 PM
OK - Thanks all!

My Saturday is now planned. I'll be on my back under the Aero with drill and flex shaft in hand. Armed with 1mm titanium drill bits and a can of oil for cooling. Safety glasses are a must!

Once the hole is clear, I've got about ever type of clip known to man from the local hardware store.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks to all.

NickP
14-11-02, 02:56 PM
I't nice to see some who know how to have a fun weekend!

john-w
15-11-02, 03:10 AM
You can just use a round spring clip, like a washer with serrated inner edges "if you know what I mean" 8) 8)

NickP
15-11-02, 10:46 AM
ouch!