Boost Controller psi? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Boost Controller psi?

waSAAB13
5th November 2002, 10:37 PM
Also, i have a Manual Boost Controller, and i was wondering what you would recommend tuning the psi up to to?

95turbo
14th December 2002, 06:50 PM
I know that with my trionic ('95 900se) the computer automatically shuts off the car if the pessure goes over ~15psi, so be careful. Look into a trionic upgrade that gives you more freedom. But before you crank up the pressure, I suggest upgrading the intercooler and exhaust to take the extra heat and power.

MillerTime
14th December 2002, 11:34 PM
You would be better off with a remapped ECU. The boost controller will allow you to up the boost but the stock ECU is going to have to try to cope with the added boost. If you get a remapped ECU you're BOOST, ignition, and fuel will be remapped. It'll be more in the long run since a chip is more expensive than a boost controller but in the long run the remapped ECU will let you make just as much power as the controller but more relyably.

The ECU along with a good exhaust system and it's not unheard of to gain 40 hp. Also most ECU programmers are willing to do custom orders and remappings as you upgrade. Just some stuff to chew on...

jpgibson
21st December 2002, 10:10 PM
I think it depends how much money you have to spend and how much power you want.
I have a 97 se and thought about a chip ( 990 aus $)- it gave a 20 kW increase but I think all they do is up the boost and possibly alter fuel /ignition maps.I put in a gauge then mbc for 250 aus$and feel I have the same improvement.I will add that i am only running 9-10lb.I had a galant vr4 which I did the same to but ran at 14lb,it was at least a 180kW car ( from 147 stock).I have ss muffler.Dont forget ,too much through the front wheels is not good.
just my 2c