MOT Time [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: MOT Time

ragtopcav
24th March 2005, 07:28 AM
With the first time passing with no 'advisory comments' of the old Cavalier Convertible means that in 4 weeks time the V6 goes in for its annual test and 4 weeks after that the 9000 has its turn, lets hope that two saabs can match the 19yr old Vauxhall for reliability. :o

Bawheid
24th March 2005, 07:50 AM
Goodluck :)

Ive got the 99's mot coming up in 4 weeks aswell. Got a couple of obvious things that need looked at (bit of welding) im hoping thats all it will need. Although ive got a feeling the brakes might need looked at aswell.

bazwold
24th March 2005, 08:37 AM
Got mine next week- I know I need a rear silencer and probably needs the handbrake adjusting as well. Wouldnt surprise me if some thing on the front suspension/steering needs looking as well . Where we live its infested with speedbumps - every vehicle me and my wife have owned has needed new bushes or steering arms at some point ( usually when were skint:cry: )

ragtopcav
24th March 2005, 07:33 PM
lets hope that two saabs can match the 19yr old Vauxhall for reliability. :o
well guess what besides the 900V6 laid up still with engine issues, the 9000's clutch master cylinder gave out tonight stranding the family [i was at work] in the armpit of the Midlands [Birmingham] AA tow home job, guess what Friday morning's job is before we go on holiday? :evil:

If anyone ever tries to tell me that a fluid actuated clutch has advantages over the delights of a simple cable then I'll fart in your general direction ;)

valbowski1980
24th March 2005, 11:34 PM
If anyone ever tries to tell me that a fluid actuated clutch has advantages over the delights of a simple cable then I'll fart in your general direction ;)

I would take a cable over a hydro. clutch any day, sadly my 9000 has the later so it is only a matter of time until I will be in your shoes.

I wish we had the MOT here in the USA. It would force people to take better care of their cars as well as flush some of the heaps off of the roads.

bazwold
29th March 2005, 12:06 PM
Passed today with an advisory on the rear silencer - pleasantly surprised:cheesy:

Dead Centre
29th March 2005, 12:50 PM
I would take a cable over a hydro. clutch any day, sadly my 9000 has the later so it is only a matter of time until I will be in your shoes.

I wish we had the MOT here in the USA. It would force people to take better care of their cars as well as flush some of the heaps off of the roads.

Blimey do you not have them then??

No MOT or anything. What about emmisions and headlight aim? Does'nt the US have well strict emmision laws or is that LA??

Dead

microcat36
29th March 2005, 01:12 PM
Both the CSE and the Griffin passed today, and the elder CSE last week :D , and considering the CSE did 18,000 miles last year that's not bad with no work needed on any of them, both the CSE's go to new homes this week, so I am on the lookout for some new additions to the family now :cheesy: .

valbowski1980
29th March 2005, 05:35 PM
Blimey do you not have them then??

No MOT or anything. What about emmisions and headlight aim? Does'nt the US have well strict emmision laws or is that LA??

Dead

We've got emissions but that's about it. Last time I took my car in all they checked was that, took my 40 bucks and sent me on my way.