Some basic 9000 questions... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Some basic 9000 questions...

santeria600
3rd November 2002, 02:42 PM
Okay, my new 9000 ('86 t16 2.0 manual) has no dash panel lights. I checked/changed the appropriate fuses and did the same with as many bulbs as I could but no joy, total darkness. Help!

Other niggles;
no light in centre console storage bin or ashtray.
(havent checked bulb yet though)
courtesy lights dont work when doors are opened.
(they do work from switch in ceiling)
sunroof is stuck.
(easily fixed but are there known issues??)
it's not a 900 3dr Aero in silver.
(send money to fix this)
:cheesy:

Gracias, John.

BillJ
3rd November 2002, 03:33 PM
I assume it's not a case of the dashboard dimmer being turned all the way down? If not, it could be a faulty dimmer. I think the dimmer simply comprises the control itself. It may be worth popping it out of the dashboard and checking the connector is OK.

Just a wild guess...

Simon
3rd November 2002, 03:39 PM
Bill is right the rheostats are known to go. A tip which may or may not work, is to twiddle the rheostat left to right lots and lots of times. It may come back to life. Worked on my old T16S!

The interior lights may be the interior light switch contacts need cleaning but more likely to be the switches in the doors.

Simon.

santeria600
7th November 2002, 02:18 PM
Thanks guys...
Once it stopped raining I had chance to get the tools out;

Dash lights - every bulb had blown except the dash panel ones which had a loose connection.

Sunroof - just needed freeing up.

Courtesy lights - the usual bad switches, spotted Bill!

Unfortunately all the bulbs in the window switches are blown too, as you know they are soldered into the switch and hence the whole switch needs replacing. (I could feasibly replace every bulb but thats far too fiddly!) Still, for the price its not turned into a money pit yet, i'll wait for the MOT and brace myself!!

John.

BillJ
7th November 2002, 03:00 PM
Courtesy lights - the usual bad switches, spotted Bill!
I'd be happy to accept the credit, but Simon's probably reading this :oops: