Saw a 9-7x on the road for the first time [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Saw a 9-7x on the road for the first time

madmax252
20th March 2005, 11:38 PM
I caught sight of a black 9-7x on the road this past weekend. It's nice and I hope it sells!

apzer09
21st March 2005, 12:37 AM
Great! The first of what should hopefully be many sightings. Everyone, grab your cameras! :cheesy:

AnF_Saab
4th April 2005, 04:14 AM
Saw a black on in Rochester couple weeks ago, probably the same one.

SaabKen
4th April 2005, 04:26 PM
Did the driver look like a Saab type ?

finklejag
4th April 2005, 04:33 PM
Did the driver look like a Saab type ?

What does a "Saab type" look like?

SaabKen
4th April 2005, 06:02 PM
You know, middle-aged university professors with grey beard and round spectacles, tweed coats with elbow patches.

OR

the entire cast of movie The Matrix :cool:

I like to think I fall in the latter category. Wonder what Carrie-Anne Moss drives

What does a "Saab type" look like?

madmax252
4th April 2005, 06:55 PM
No, not older, he looked like a young professional in his 30's or 40's, so that might qualify as the "saab type."

There was another one parked right next to my car the other day, it was a tan color (kinda ugly, IMHO). I looked on saabusa.com and that color isn't even offered online, I wonder what it was. That's two sightings for me!

Jeremy
4th April 2005, 07:12 PM
Tan, sure it wasn't a trailblazer? kidding ;)

--Jeremy

No, not older, he looked like a young professional in his 30's or 40's, so that might qualify as the "saab type."

There was another one parked right next to my car the other day, it was a tan color (kinda ugly, IMHO). I looked on saabusa.com and that color isn't even offered online, I wonder what it was. That's two sightings for me!

madmax252
4th April 2005, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer, har har. I was ogling it for a while...I peeked inside to check out the bells and whistles and walked around it to verify the funky color. People must've thought I was some crazy stalker!

apzer09
4th April 2005, 08:32 PM

That probably is the Saab-type, or at least the one GM would like to think of, because the middle-aged professor really isn't what they want to go for. Young professional could be what a yuppie was.

That tan color could be offered for 2006, since that model year will most likely get more colors and more options.

Jeremy
5th April 2005, 09:59 AM
I know. I know. :D

I do hope that the 9-7x does better than the 9-2x has so far, Saab needs the sales. the 9-7x is pretty sharp looking and should attract those people who are buying bmw, volvo, vw, and porche suvs.

Trailblazer, har har. I was ogling it for a while...I peeked inside to check out the bells and whistles and walked around it to verify the funky color. People must've thought I was some crazy stalker!

SaabScott
5th April 2005, 11:01 PM
People must've thought I was some crazy stalker!

Careful ... we already have a resident stalker (Cleve;) ).

puckalicious
4th May 2005, 01:49 PM
"No, not older, he looked like a young professional in his 30's or 40's, so that might qualify as the "saab type.""

I am laughing at this post. I am good friends with the guy I think you saw in the 9-7x. He has had a black 9-7x the past few weeks and I've rode in it a few times already. He would not appreciate being labeled in his 40's!! But he definitely fits the "saab type" as do I somewhat. He is a little more yuppie than me though. Look for more sightings in the Royal Oak area.

As for my thoughts on the 9-7x - I really like the exterior styling, none of the plastic trim that makes the trailblazer look so flunky. (I actually have a trailblazer but that was my wife's choice, not mine)
The interior is just OK, it doesn't have the refinement of a true saab. What I noticed the most is the instrument panel, which is basically the same as the trailblazer overall with saab touches here and there. I think they really wanted this thing to market fast because more time could have been spent here.

The best part about this truck is the performance. This sucker just hauls! And it handles very well too. I expect the trailblazer SS will get it's content from the 9-7x.

Buddhabman
4th May 2005, 06:57 PM
Man, look at all the talk now. "Oh it's pretty good looking", "It hauls". The talk has taken a 180 turn from the comments of a few months ago.

This is definitely a good thing. Any bandwagon is a good thing for Saab. I really hope it sells well. GM has the capability of building a car with good drive dynamics , it's just a matter if they would focus on it. It seems like they have the drive dynamics ironed out, and if they get a good build out of the plant they might have a hot seller. Hopefully the Mag reviews will be as positive as the employee drives seem to be.

My other hope is that GM doesn't canabalize Saab sales by releasing the Trailblazer SS in too close a timeframe and at the same price point. Some say different demographics, I would say a performance oriented buyer is looking for the best buy.

apzer09
4th May 2005, 07:59 PM
The Trailblazer SS shouldn't canabalize sales from the 9-7x because I think they're aimed at two different markets. If you buy the SS, you're getting more performance, but also worse fuel economy and the same cheap interior that the regular Trailblazer has. With the 9-7x, there's less performance, but a better interior (better built and quieter) and more Saab perks (warranty and free maintanance).

SaabKen
4th May 2005, 08:29 PM
No self-respecting university professors will buy the TrailBlazer SS :lol:

The Trailblazer SS shouldn't canabalize sales from the 9-7x because I think they're aimed at two different markets. If you buy the SS, you're getting more performance, but also worse fuel economy and the same cheap interior that the regular Trailblazer has. With the 9-7x, there's less performance, but a better interior (better built and quieter) and more Saab perks (warranty and free maintanance).