Cars Stalling. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Cars Stalling.

MightyPirate
13th March 2005, 04:38 PM
I'd like to say I'm sorry for this post, but if you could not lock the thread and not beat me with a cane I'd appreciate it.

My friend's 1990 Nissan Maxima has started giving him problems. Mainly it stalls when he goes to stop unless he slows down veeeery slowly. The RPM's just go right to nothing and then the car stalls out. He thinks the issue may be the transmission going, because he says it feels like it's not shifting down (the car's an auto incase you couldn't figure out ;)). I figured this forum seems to have a pretty good idea of mechanical related issues, and may be able to help out on this issue.

He only payed 1500 for the car, and is a poor college kid who really can't afford any major repairs. So if you could please throw out some suggestions it'd be much appreciated.

Jezzadee
13th March 2005, 04:43 PM
Well, this isn't going to help much, but if it was a C900 I'd say vacuum leak or turbo bypass valve. Is this thing a turbo? I don't even know what they look like. Don't they have forums?

brunp
13th March 2005, 05:49 PM
My first suggestion is to dump th $1500 Nissan and get a $1500 Saab, but that would be my take on the situation. ;)

Suggestion, visit: http://www.nissanforums.com/

They should be able to help out more than any Saab'ite in this forum.

Hope this helps!!!
Paul

ragtopcav
14th March 2005, 01:27 AM
I'd start with the idle control valve sticking, universal fualt that is on many vehicles.