Confirmed - Volvos now policing in Aspen and Vail [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Confirmed - Volvos now policing in Aspen and Vail

Swade
13th March 2005, 06:46 AM
The story going around last week has now been confirmed in the Denver Post. The cops in Aspen have been driving Saabs for the last 30 years as a demonstration of practical and eviromentally freindly motoring.

They've now been given the finger in favour of the other Swede.

Full details at Trollhattan (http://redinterior.typepad.com/trollhattan/).

Anyone think the General's dropped the ball here?

squishmann
13th March 2005, 09:52 AM
how hard is it to just give them a couple free cars?

Hornet11586
13th March 2005, 10:08 AM
I say we drop a bunch of Saabs off, take the cool blinking lights off the Vovlos and put them on the Saabs we drop off then take the Volvos AND the radar guns and drop them off a really high cliff, like the ones in the roadrunner cartoons.

There we go, Hornet with your daily dose of utter nonsense :cheesy:

CosmicSaab
13th March 2005, 12:30 PM
Well I wouldn't be supprised if they chose the Volvos over Saabs because the only AWD Saab is the 9-2x. The S60 and S80 both have AWD options...

Hornet11586
13th March 2005, 09:18 PM
Well from a police perspective, AWD is better.

But from a perspective of a fun to drive awesome looking car then its Saab.

Well, at least we could outrun the cops in Aspen ;)

95 Aero
15th March 2005, 05:37 PM
Ive never seen a 95 or 93 police car, the last Saab police car I saw was years ago and it was a 9000.

Alot of the traffic police cars here are Volvo's, The V70, S70 and S60.

I like Volvo's myself (but not more than Saab's of course ;)) My dad use to have a S60 2.4T SE Auto, Nice car :)

fabric
18th March 2005, 03:54 PM
Vail had Saabs for the last 25 years. They had 900's 9000's, and 9-5's. The switched to Explorers, because Saab stopped giving them the sweet deal.

Volvo/Ford is probably giving them a price break, plus the fact they are using Explorers means Ford already has a foot in the door.

If it's any consolation, when I was at Keystone last month, Saab had replaced BMW as the "official" car at the mountain base, where they had a nice 9-3 Aero sitting on display.

GRIPEN
3rd April 2005, 06:31 PM
Actually, I liked volvo S40 but it's too small for me, that's why I got 9-3 instead. I was at the Pacific Int'l autoshow few days ago and saw a 2-tone red with silver EVOLVE S40 and it does looked really mean and it has 340 hp or 320hp AWD (can't remember) With 19" HRE mags and evolve brakes.
http://www.evolvecars.com/

TurboMania
4th April 2005, 12:55 AM
Vail hasn't been the cool place it used to be with out the saabs. Oh how I miss them. (even though I was like eleven when they stopped using saabs as the police cars there)