04-03-05, 01:24 PM
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101891

SaabKen
04-03-05, 02:00 PM
Halleluah AMEN !

Raven18940
04-03-05, 02:26 PM
Excellent

Cargo room ranges from 14.8 cubic feet with the rear seat up to a maximum (i.e., loaded to the base of the rear windows, all seats down) 45.0 cubic feet.

What's the point of having a wagon if you're only loading it up to the bottom of the windows?

SaabKen
04-03-05, 05:42 PM
Liability my friend ...... liability. Autoweek (or any other car mag) wouldn't want to be perceived as suggesting to the SC customers they can load stuff right up to the roof (which they can) thus blocking rear sightlines and compromising safety. Of course if customers do so at their own accord that's a different ballgame.

I do note that C&D used to measure interior cargohold volume on the basis of the number of cases of beer (even had pictures of boxes albeit with no labels stacked up inside cars). Ah those glorious non-litigious days ......

What's the point of having a wagon if you're only loading it up to the bottom of the windows?

Stormbird1
04-03-05, 07:18 PM
It's like this. Station Wagons / Sportswagons - it's a "lifestyle" thing. It's fashionable right now.It has nothing to do with load space unless of course you lower the back seats and want to haul a sofa around - not very cool.
You don't load up the wagon above the rear windows because even with the seperator net if you break hard or, God forbid, hit somthing all of that load is going to come crashing in over your rear seat passengers, you, and right out through the front windscreen.:o
Saab with the 9-5 (no idea about the new 9-3 Combi yet) at least try to address part of this issue with a hard foldable rear shelf. Most other wagons have a pathetic flimsy plastic roller blind that serves for nothing other than hiding the baggage space from prying eyes. In an accident your are F....d. Pardon my French!

Fla2Cali
05-03-05, 06:55 PM
Why does it say 247hp for the Turbo V6...? And i've read that the Cadillac BLS is going to have like 275hp from the same engine...

AudiSAABfans
05-03-05, 08:10 PM
9-3SC is gonna be be turnaround vehicle for Saab brand, like A4 and Altima did to those once-struggling companies.:cool: :cool:

SaabKen
06-03-05, 12:45 AM
from the Geneva Auto Show coverage of Autoweek :D Verrrry niiiiice :cool:

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_geneva/sportcombi/pages/1.htm

AudiSAABfans
06-03-05, 11:24 AM
Called Morrey Saab yesterday. The sales told me SC 2.8 turbo will be arriving as early as September. As usual for Canadian market, we get everything slower than American neighbors.:cry: :cry:

SaabKen
06-03-05, 02:02 PM
Called Morrey Saab yesterday. The sales told me SC 2.8 turbo will be arriving as early as September. As usual for Canadian market, we get everything slower than American neighbors.:cry: :cry:

I thought September's when the US market is getting its SC too. Did you talk to Bill Convery ? ..... he's the patriarch of local Saab sales people (actually the only guy I trust). Morrey still has several 9-2X sitting idle on their lot.

BTW: we have a meet coming up on Good Friday/March 25 in North Shore, our first meet of 2005. Email me offline at saabken@yahoo.ca :) (saabken@yahoo.ca)