Help plz [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Help plz

ph4de
20th October 2002, 02:03 AM
1996 900se turbo (2.0L)
Today i installed my manual boost controller from dawesdevices. i got it because i wanted a little extra boost without a lot of money, i just wanted to get in the red zone of the boost gauge. well i adjusted the MBC so that it got me into the red, a little less than half way, and then i adjusted my hybrid valve to accomodate the change. everything was great and i went out driving with my buddy.
To make a long story short, later that night i started having a problem and every time that my boost would peak my car would spin out of gear. ussually around reaching 3000 rpms, the power just stops being transfered to the wheels. the only thing i can think of is that my clutch has gone bad but that seems a little early at 79k miles? any opinions or suggestions or places with good prices on saab clutch kits (if thats what i need) are very much appreciated, thanks. oh and also, if anyone knows about how many psi the entire red zone of the stock turbo gauge is, i'm curious. i was thinking it's about 1-2psi change from full yellow (i really need to get an aftermarket gauge). thanks!

ph4de
28th October 2002, 11:11 PM
it was a loose vacume hose... bleh... everyone is awesome now but my pride is bruised badly.... =]