The new 9-3 Combi, finally here!!!!!!!! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: The new 9-3 Combi, finally here!!!!!!!!

edusaab
10th February 2005, 09:44 AM
It is official...........Saab presents the 9-3 Sport Combi

with the new V6turbo engine that was used in the 9-3x, with Saab combustion Control(direct injection and variable distribution).

Saab uses a new Twin Floor system that we saw in the sporthatch to make more space in the trunk(421liters VDA).

It is the first Saab and very few cars have it, that has 0,0 CZ elevation coeficient in both axis. In some functions the rear lights are mmmmmmm i don't remember the word in english, sorry in spanish it is "Diodos".

The torsional rigidity it is 21000Nm/grade only 1000 less the sedan, it is normal that the SW has less torsional rigidity, but Saab make lot effort to improve the rigidity and weight and avoid big loses of it in this SCombi.

www.km77.com (http://www.km77.com)

http://www.km77.com/marcas/saab/9-3_05/sportcombi/galeria.asp

greetings

edusaab
10th February 2005, 10:03 AM
............http://www.km77.com/marcas/saab/9-3_05/sportcombi/med/99.jpg

http://www.km77.com/marcas/saab/9-3_05/sportcombi/med/98.jpg

http://www.km77.com/marcas/saab/9-3_05/sportcombi/gra/01.jpg

greetings

edusaab
10th February 2005, 11:26 AM
Also with the TwinFloor, if you like as the 2005 9-3ss you can take the car without emergency tire and you will have more space in the trunk, this space will be used for the install of an ultralow frecuency speaker an other fueatures.

SaabKen
10th February 2005, 07:31 PM
Wow, looks great !! :D

http://www.km77.com/marcas/saab/9-3_05/sporthatch/gra/01.asp

http://www.km77.com/marcas/saab/9-3_05/sporthatch/gra/02.asp

http://www.km77.com/marcas/saab/9-3_05/sporthatch/gra/03.asp

In English (translated by www.transparent.com (http://www.transparent.com)):

http://fets3.freetranslation.com/?Url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.km77.com%2Fmarcas%2Fsaab%2F9-3_05%2Fsporthatch%2Ftexto.asp&Language=Spanish%2FEnglish&Sequence=core
(http://fets3.freetranslation.com/?Url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.km77.com%2Fmarcas%2Fsaab%2F9-3_05%2Fsporthatch%2Ftexto.asp&Language=Spanish%2FEnglish&Sequence=core)

"The Sports Hatch is the family version of the Saab 9-3. Besides the bodywork, there are other interesting news that will apply also to the sedan. The trunk of this relative measures 419 l according to measurement VDA. (http://fets3.freetranslation.com/glosario/v/vda.asp) Is a very scarce volume for the dimensions of the car (comparative board (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29) ), even is slightly smaller that that of the sedan (421 l).

Therefore, it is more near models as the Alpha one Romeo Sportwagon or the Audi A4, that of those in which the mark utilizes the family bodywork to obtain more space, like the Ford Mondeo or the Opel Vectra. With the downcast seats , the volume of the trunk enlarges to 1.273 l, also according to measurement VDA.

This trunk if has some characteristics that can do it more functional than that of the sedan, as a double fund. The floor of the trunk is a tray that can double crosswise , under the one that there is an additional space (Saab calls it «TwinFloor»).

It can have wheel of replaced, and also is manufactured without her. In that case, their place other elements they occupy it, like a loudspeaker of very low frequencies.

The bodywork has some very interesting characteristics. Is the first model of Saab, and one of the few tourisms, that has some drag factors of elevation nulos (Cz 0,0 in the two axes). This means that the bodywork does not lose support with the floor by effect of the air when circulates to great velocity. For some functions of the pilots there are diodes instead of lightbulbs.

The Sports Hatch premieres a motor of gasoline of six cylinders with turbocompressor. It is a motor of aluminum that has 2,8 l of rolled flat , culatas of four valves by cylinder, variable distribution and a turbocompressor of double entrance. Its maximum power is 250 CV (184 kW), and will be sold only in version «Aero».

The frame is essentially the same one of the sedan, with the modifications you need by the differences of weight and inflexibility torsional (http://fets3.freetranslation.com/glosario/r/rigitors.asp) (21.000 Nm/Degree, something less than in the sedan). Is normal that the inflexibility in a relative be smaller, by the circumstance of having a great opening in the rear part.

As in the sedan, the rear suspension is done so that, before certain lateral efforts, react with a variation in the alignment of the wheels (Saab calls it «ReAxs»). With the Sports Hatch arrives at the range a new control of stability , that adds to the ones that already has the functions of aid to start in ramp (in the versions of manual change) and a special programming for diminish the risk of upset."

apzer09
10th February 2005, 07:53 PM
Wow, some of those online translators are really bad:o

But we get the idea:cheesy:

squishmann
11th February 2005, 01:35 AM
color is great. looks like their not going to do any grill changes like they mentioned before. maybe a new corporate face when the 9-5 debutes in 08.

a little dissapointed w/ the info. no awd and no mention of any new gadgets. i wonder how much of a premium they'll charge for the Aero now

color is great i don't like how the door handles are painted and not the molding. can we get a photoshop

SaabKen
11th February 2005, 02:30 AM
I think the 9-5 facelift is this year too, same timing as 9-3SC launch

al aero
11th February 2005, 03:11 AM
Really love the rear of the car, front i am little disappointed in straight from the 95, sold in aero spec only (great idea imho) but hells bells this is going to be a great little car!!

al

SPG900
11th February 2005, 06:19 AM
I'm actually quite pleased. I certainly don't think we could have hoped for anything better, and it's surely Saab worthy. If this car doesn't sell, I have no idea how Saab could be saved. At least they made it look like they're trying now. :p

TC
11th February 2005, 09:15 AM
I think the combi looks great. The question is though now Saab has 3 very similar vehicles with the combi, 9-5wagon and 9-2X.

pedroturbo
11th February 2005, 10:05 AM
I think the 9-5 facelift is this year too, same timing as 9-3SC launch
9-3 SC?what is that?;oops: Sport-Coupe???

SaabKen
11th February 2005, 10:34 AM
9-3 SC?what is that?;oops: Sport-Coupe???

SC = SportCombi, the "combi" term was used by Saab for the 99/900/9000 hatchbacks in Europe. See top of thread and pictures. We know it as "hatch", but in this new 9-3 SC it really looks just like a wagon (or estate for the UKers).

earthworm
11th February 2005, 01:08 PM
SC = SportCombi, the "combi" term was used by Saab for the 99/900/9000 hatchbacks in Europe. See top of thread and pictures. We know it as "hatch", but in this new 9-3 SC it really looks just like a wagon (or estate for the UKers).

Yes it does, in America, this is a wagon....

Hopefully Saab/GM will be smart enough to drop the silly American term "sports-hatch" and use the European "combi".

This new one presents a good side profile, but the rear is horrible - far too busy..And the rear lights are far too large and ugly.
I do not care to drive a Christmas tree down the road..

dolph
11th February 2005, 02:08 PM
I'm in love.
:cheesy:

SaabKen
11th February 2005, 05:27 PM
I'm in love.
:cheesy:

Just in time for Valentine's Day huh ?

I'm glad Saab/GM didn't put blinkers on the side mirrors a la M-B, Acura etc. But I do like the electric blue colour and those 18"(?) bad boys. :cool:

apzer09
11th February 2005, 06:46 PM
they look like the 17 inchers from the 2002-03 9-5 Aero.

Grimace
11th February 2005, 08:10 PM
Here's a better translation boys and girls, from a discussion on miataforum.com here: http://forum.miata.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=020797#000014

The Sport Hatch is a wagon version of the Saab 9-3. In addition to the new body style, there are some other new and interesting features that have been added to the car.

Cargo capacity is 419 liters which is a bit small for the dimensions of the car, and it's actually a bit smaller than the 9-3 sedan which has 421 L capacity.

Therefore the car is more like the Alfa Romeo Sportwagon or Audi A4, rather than models which use the wagon body style to increase luggage space like the Ford Mondeo or Opel Vectra. With the rear seats lowered, cargo volume increases to 1,273 L.

This wagon has some characteristics that make it more functional than the sedan form, like hidden storage. The floor of the trunk is a tray that can be split with a divider, and underneath that is additional storage. Saab calls this feature TwinFloor. The car can come with either a spare tire, or a subwoofer in its place. [editor's note: not sure if this means the subwoofer also comes with runflat tires]

The body has some interesting characteristics. It is the first Saab, and in fact one of the very few wagons with zero aerodynamic lift both front and rear. Some exterior lamps are LEDs instead of traditional light bulbs.

The Sport Hatch is being released with a turbocharged six-cylinder gasoline engine. The engine is aluminum with 2.8L displacement, four valves per cylinder, variable valve timing, and a twin-scroll turbo. It will have 250 hp and will be sold only as an Aero trim level.

The platform is virtually identical to the sedan, with small modifications being made due to differences in torsional rigidity (which is a bit less than the sedan) and weight. Wagons tend to be less rigid because they need to have large openings at the rear.

Like in the sedan, the four-link rear suspension layout, using toe-links and ball joints instead of rubber inboard and outboard suspension bushings, has allowed engineers to dial in a unique, passive rear-wheel-steer characteristic called Saab ReAxs.

When cornering, the elasto-kinematics at the rear axle induce a very slight deflection of both rear wheels in the opposite direction to the steering input, ie. toe-out for the outer wheel and toe-in for the inner wheel.

Depending on the radius of a bend and the consequent loadings at the rear axle, one degree of movement at the front wheels would typically produce a small but significant response of about one hundredth of a degree at the rear.

This is sufficient to prevent excessive understeer, where the driver is forced to apply progressively more steering lock to turn the front end of the car, increasing the scrub angles of the front tires. The ReAxs characteristic overcomes this potential 'crabbing' effect, helping the tail of the car follow the direction of the front wheels, instead of its nose. For the driver, this gives the car a feeling of better balance, helping it turn in and respond more closely to steering inputs.

I must say, whoever that Grimace guy is over on that Miata forum, I bet he's a handsome fellow.

valbowski1980
11th February 2005, 09:28 PM
I like what I see. Wagons and Hatchbacks are great! So very useful.

SPG900
12th February 2005, 09:23 AM
I like what I see. Wagons and Hatchbacks are great! So very useful.

Too bad the trunk of the sedan is a fraction bigger than that of the combi.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
12th February 2005, 11:47 AM
I like it, I cannot afford it!:D

900t
12th February 2005, 07:00 PM

"Combi" is the standard euroterm for wagon. UK uses Estate. But everywhere else it is Combi.

Technical translation would be SportWagon. But Combi sounds nice...

BTW, the hatchback names were Combi Coupe and Combi Sedan, showing how it was a meld of station wagon and coupe (sedan).

andante
13th February 2005, 07:21 AM
Too bad the trunk of the sedan is a fraction bigger than that of the combi.
That seem to be the case for many cars - and I have a difficulty understanding why.

As I see it, raising the roof of a sedan to create a wagon should increase the size of the trunk... Do car manufacturers simultaneously raise the floor of the trunk - and if so, why???

900t
13th February 2005, 10:38 PM
Typically the rear of the car is brought inward, so a shorter body overall.

In hatchback models, the trunk is usually completely cut off and no body remaining :lol: so that is another explanation.

Grimace
14th February 2005, 08:19 PM
No matter either way. It's a fraction of a percentage smaller, but more importantly, it's a much more usable shape.

timmehhhhhh
15th February 2005, 10:40 PM
This one....is FWD right?...:confused:

SaabKen
15th February 2005, 11:24 PM
I guess this pretty much confirms all new 9-3 Aeros will be based on the 250hp V6 turbo, all new Arcs will keep the current 210hp FPT motor, and presumably all Linears will stay down there with the 170hp LPT.

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/news,view.spy?artid=36063&pg=1

Canadian media release:

Saab will bring the 9-3 SportCombi model to the Canadian market this fall, continuing the product wave from the Swedish company owned by General Motors.

To give you some idea how Saab has grown, consider that the firm that sold only two models from its Swedish plants for all of its history is now up to four models from as many countries.

That would be the 9-3 and the 9-5 from Sweden and Austria, the 9-2X from Japan, and this spring the 9-7X from the U.S.

The latest model doesn't break any new architectural or geo-political ground for Saab, as it's not a variation on a Subaru theme like the 9-2X or the GMC theme like the 9-7X. It is instead a configuration of the Epsilon architecture that already underpins the 9-3 sports sedan and convertible.

Turning it into a station wagon wasn't that much of a stretch, then, but it certainly does give Saab entrée into a growing market. It takes Saab into the premium, mid-size wagon segment for the first time, said Debra Kelly-Ennis, president and COO of Saab USA at a backgrounder for the SportCombi in Detroit.

SportCombi's ''strong, compact proportions are a bold reaffirmation of a Saab tradition of designing cars that are sporty in character and versatile in use,'' Kelly-Ennis said. ''The cohesive five-door styling and a solid, muscular stance give the 9-3 SportCombi a clear, stand-out identity within the Saab 9-3 range.'

Lars Hygrell, the marketing manager for Saab Canada, certainly agrees with that. ''With a wedge-like profile and Saab 'signature' styling cues, the 9-3 SportCombi includes a surprisingly spacious cargo area and many practical load-carrying features."

The SportCombi wagon should speak directly to the Saab enthusiasts who were upset that the company abandoned its classis hatchback body style with the current 9-3 sedan, and might bring many of them back into the fold. This is important to the company, since that particular body style makes up nearly half of the 500,000 Saabs on the road in the U.S. today.

Though the SportCombi will debut at the Geneva Motor Show in a couple of weeks, it won't go on sale in Canada until the fourth quarter of this year, as a 2006 model. Hygrell thinks it ''will appeal to customers who require the versatility of a wagon, including smart load-carrying features and a generously proportioned cargo area, without compromising their desire for driving satisfaction.''.

Pricing will be announced later in the year.

In Canada, the 9-3 SportCombi range will start with a well-equipped 210-hp turbocharged 4-cylinder, with the high-performance Aero model featuring an all-new 2.8-litre, 32-valve, turbocharged V-6 that makes 250-hp and 258 lb-ft of torque.

By the way, this new engine will later turn up in the 2006 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan and Aero convertible.

Kelly-Ennis said the turbo V-6 in the 9-3 Aero SportCombi and other 9-3 Aero models will give drivers more of what they expect in the Saab driving experience -- ready torque throughout the rev range, high rpm power, smoothness and refinement.''

This model is a ''sporty, distinct alternative to conventional wagon proportions,'' Kelly-Ennis said, with Saab's traditional 'hockey stick' belt-line and 'fastback' rear quarter styling with steeply raked taillight lenses and LED bulbs.

The TwinFloor stowage facility will also be useful, she said. ''By pulling the chrome, aircraft-shaped handle, the main cargo area floor lifts to divide the space into two separate sections and to reveal additional storage in the recessed sub-floor. The optional sub-woofer is located in the spare wheel storage well.''

The 9-3 SportCombi has zero lift levels at both axles, a drag coefficient of 0.33, and ''impressive high speed stability.'' The integrated rear roof spoiler is standard.

SportCombi ''inherits the outstanding chassis dynamics of the Sport Sedan,'' Kelly-Ennis said, ''with a 'fun-to-drive' appeal that concedes nothing to its functionality as a versatile, five-door car.''

The unique Saab ReAxs rear wheel steer characteristic from the Sport Sedan gives ''enhanced driver feedback and control for excellent handling and stability.''

The five-door body structure is quite rigid, Kelly-Ennis explained, and that provides ''a solid foundation for the car's sporty handling, refinement and outstanding safety characteristics. It has torsional rigidity only marginally less than that of the Sport Sedan, despite the open five-door body format.''

''Although the SportCombi is a natural extension of the 9-3 range,'' said Peter Augustsson, Saab Automobile President and CEO, ''it has a fresh character all of its own. In the tradition of the Saab brand, it is not simply a 'me too' type of product.''

Augustsson said the SportCombi's ''progressive design and dynamic talents are intended to resolve any conflict between the rationality of need and the passion of desire. Customers will see it as a car that meets the demands of their lifestyle while still satisfying their desire for a sporty, fun-to-drive experience.''

SaabKen
17th February 2005, 05:27 PM
I haven't seen this feature mentioned in other press releases:

http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_sportcombi_expands_saab/

SportCombi Expands Saab 9-3 Family

By Alisa Priddle
WardsAuto.com, Feb 15 2005

Adding a body style is big business for a small car maker such as Saab.

DETROIT – Saab Automobile expands its sparse lineup with a new body style for the 9-3 family: the 9-3 SportCombi hatchback slated to go on sale this fall in the U.S. and Europe, says Debra Kelly-Ennis, president and chief operating officer of Saab Cars U.S.A.

The new vehicle will be unveiled next month at the Geneva auto show. It is based on the Sport Hatch concept from last year’s auto show circuit and is a nod to the 99 Combi Coupe hatchback introduced in 1973.

The 5-door will have a starting price less than $30,000, Kelly-Ennis says at a sneak peek event here.

The front of the vehicle retains the same Swedish minimalist styling as the 9-3 sedan, but from the B-pillar back, there are 695 new parts, says Per Fjaestad, chief engineer for the 9-3 SportCombi program.

Engineers were able to keep almost the same torsional stiffness in the new front-wheel-drive wagon as in the sedan, he says.

Making its debut on the high-performance Aero SportCombi is a new turbocharhed all-aluminum 2.8L DOHC V-6 that will be made available on the ’06 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan and 9-3 Aero Convertible. (See related story: GM V-6 Turbo to Debut on Saab Hatchback) (http://subscribers.wardsauto.com/microsites/newsarticle.asp?newsarticleid=2739546&siteid=26&magazineid=1004&instanceid=5121&pageid=824&srid=10088)

General Motors Corp. will use it to power at least three of its vehicles, including a European model later this year. And Global V-6 Chief Engineer Tim Cyrus confirms it also will be under the hood of the new Cadillac BLS compact car that will be shown in Geneva as well, and go on sale in Europe next year. (See related story: GM Confirms Compact Caddy to Bow in Geneva) (http://subscribers.wardsauto.com/microsites/newsarticle.asp?newsarticleid=2739491&siteid=26&magazineid=1004&instanceid=5121&pageid=824&srid=10088)

With 32 valves, variable intake valve timing and a twin-scroll turbocharger, the new V-6 pumps out 250 hp and, true to Saab heritage, the performance centers on low-end torque. The Turbo delivers a maximum 258 lb.-ft. (350 Nm) of torque by 2,000 rpm and maintains it through 4,500 rpm. The engine is assembled at the GM’s Holden Ltd. plant in Port Melbourne, Australia, and meets Euro 4 and U.S. Bin 4 emissions regulations.

The V-6 turbo is one of eight powertrain choices for the SportCombi. The only two for North America are the new V-6 and a 210-hp turbocharged 2L 4-cyl. that is expected to be the volume seller.

European buyers get those two, as well as a naturally aspirated 1.8L I-4; a 2L I-4 pumping out 150 hp and turbo versions producing 175 hp and 210 hp. There are V-6s delivering 230 hp and 250 hp, and a pair of 1.9L I-4 diesels generating 120 hp and 150 hp, Cyrus says.

Among the features on the new SportCombi is an assist system for starting with a manual transmission on a hill.

The taillamps are large, tall triangles with 15 light-emitting diodes inside. The spoiler has been integrated into the body for high-speed aerodynamics and stability.

The aluminum hatch weighs 9.5 lbs. (4.3 kg) less than a steel closure. It opens to a flat floor for loading and cargo floor that can lay flat or fold to create a divider. A 10-in. (25-cm) subwoofer is fitted under the cargo floor and inside the spare tire in the recessed sub-floor. Cargo area volume with the rear seat up is 14.8 cu. ft. (0.4 cu. m) and it grows to 44.95 cu. ft. (1.3 cu. m) when folded flat.

A soft cover, more flexible than the hard cover of past models, can be pulled across the cargo area to hide the belongings inside.

The new SportCombi only is expected to garner 2,000-4,000 sales annually in the U.S., in the same range as competitors such as the Audi A4 Avant.

But adding a body style is big business for what historically has been a one- or two-car franchise selling about 130,000 units annually worldwide, 30% of that in the U.S.

“We are literally the David in an industry of Goliaths,” Kelly-Ennis says, with too few cars with long lifecycles and too few resources to take advantage of trends or enter new segments.

Kelly-Ennis calls 2005 one of the most exciting in the brand’s 57-year history. Saab is “engaged in the most aggressive production expansion in its entire history,” she says.

It started with the 9-3 Sport Sedan in 2003, followed by the ’04 9-3 Convertible. The brand entered a new segment last summer with the 9-2X, a version of the Subaru Impreza WRX all-wheel-drive small car.

And production begins this year of the Chevrolet TrailBlazer-based Saab 9-7X midsize SUV, thrusting the brand into yet another new segment. On sale this spring, it will come in two models. The Linear, with a 275-hp I-6 will start at $38,990; the Arc with a 300-hp V-8 bases at $40,990, including $720 destination charge.

A forthcoming cross/utility vehicle is in the works. It will be based on the Subaru B9 Tribeca and built at Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. in Lafayette, IN. Saab will show a concept version of the midsize CUV in April at the New York auto show, and sales are expected to begin in 2006. (See related story: SIA to Build Saab CUV) (http://subscribers.wardsauto.com/microsites/newsarticle.asp?newsarticleid=2737824&siteid=26&magazineid=1004&instanceid=5121&pageid=824&srid=10088)

Saab will refresh the 9-5 next year.

To provide natural hedging against currency fluctuations, Saab has expanded its manufacturing base beyond Sweden, to include Austria, Japan and the U.S., Kelly-Ennis says.

apzer09
17th February 2005, 06:44 PM
Wait, how does the V6 have 32 valves? That seems a little off to me. And I guess this confirms the 2.0t won't be offered next year in the US, so the Linear will get the 2.0T. Maybe I should wait a little longer to buy that new 9-3.

SaabKen
17th February 2005, 07:07 PM
Wait, how does the V6 have 32 valves? That seems a little off to me. And I guess this confirms the 2.0t won't be offered next year in the US, so the Linear will get the 2.0T. Maybe I should wait a little longer to buy that new 9-3.

Damn I've been misreading it all along thinking it was 30-valve (5 valves each cylinder, 3 intakes and 2 exhausts). Maybe each cylinder has 5.3333 valves ? ;oops:

Jet 9-3
18th February 2005, 10:19 AM

I think it just means that the heavier SportCombi won't get the 2.0t. Doesn't necessarily mean that the Linear sedan will stop offering it

earthworm
20th February 2005, 01:07 PM
I think it just means that the heavier SportCombi won't get the 2.0t. Doesn't necessarily mean that the Linear sedan will stop offering it
At one time, Saab was innovative with an offering of NO VALVES !!
Now we are up to 32 !
But with all the problems (drips, leaks, seeps, weeps,squeaks, no start, no operate, rattles, clunks, grinds and groans, shimmies, wobbles, warning lites aglow); nary a word on valve failure....
Lets hear it for the valves !!!
I hope the new valve control solenoids work out well for the future next gen Saab..

squishmann
20th February 2005, 07:21 PM
linear 2.0t 175hp

arc 2.0T 210hp

aero 2.8TV6 250hp

guess i'll be going to NY again. to get a look at the 9-3SC and 9-6X

SaabKen
20th February 2005, 10:56 PM
linear 2.0t 175hp

arc 2.0T 210hp

aero 2.8TV6 250hp

guess i'll be going to NY again. to get a look at the 9-3SC and 9-6X

This would be a much more rationale product lineup strategy for 9-3 line [assuming this is how Saab will market them]. And just for comparisons sake using only horsepower specs and MSRPs, I think SAAB will have the advantage in coverage for performance and price points:

Acura USA
TSX = 200hp (US$27,190 MSRP)
TL = 270hp (US$33,100 MSRP)

Audi USA
A4 1.8T = 170hp (US$26,520 MSRP)
A4 3.0 = 220hp (US$32,670 MSRP)
S4 = 340hp (US$46,570 MSRP)

BMW USA
325i = 184hp (US$29,300 MSRP)
330i = 225hp (US$35,700 MSRP)
M3 = 333hp (US$47,300 MSRP)

Infiniti USA
G35 = 280hp (US$30,600 MSRP)

Jaguar USA
X-Type 2.5 V6 = 192hp (US$30,995 MSRP)
X-Type 3.0 V6 = 227hp (US$34,995 MSRP)

Lexus USA
IS300 = 215hp (US$30,280 MSRP)

M-B USA
C230 Kompressor = 189hp (US$29,970 MSRP)
C240 = 168hp (US$33,370 MSRP)
C320 = 215hp (US$38,670 MSRP)

Saab USA
'06 Linear = 175hp ('05 = US$26,850 MSRP)
'06 Arc = 210hp ('05 = US$30,250 MSRP)
'06 Aero = 250hp (est '06 US$34,000 MSRP ?)

I gotta admit if I were in the market for a new sports sedan the G35 looks pretty darn good for $30K and the Linear would be a tough choice against the TSX and the A4 1.8T in my books :confused: