Electric aerial problem [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Electric aerial problem

johncc
15th October 2002, 10:24 AM
My electric aerial does not retract completely. It leaves about 4cm sticking out. It also leaks some water into the car :(

Is the aerial serviceable? Or is it best to replace it under these circumstances?

Simon
15th October 2002, 12:07 PM
It might just be the mast that needs replacement. I would take it out take it apart and see what is going on inside. Replacement masts can be had from Eurocarparts for 10.00.

Simon.

johncc
17th October 2002, 11:59 AM
Have you ever done it? Is the long plastic toothed strip removable from the mast, or does the new mast one come with a new strip in it?

Simon
17th October 2002, 12:01 PM
I've had to do a couple in my time, yes the new mast comes with the plastic strip...

Simon.

johncc
18th October 2002, 05:11 AM
And, just to check, there definitely is not meant to be a drain pipe going from the point on the bottom of the aerial assembly to outside the car?

Simon
18th October 2002, 05:43 AM
There is a drain pipe but as far asI am aware it just drains into the bottom of the rear wing which I guess has it's own drain hole.

Simon.

johncc
18th October 2002, 08:32 AM
Aha! That may be my only problem then... I don't have a drain pipe. Can you describe it to me (i.e. length, and where the other end is) so that I can replace it? :)

Thanks!

(Note to self... look in bottom of rear wing in case pipe is down there somewhere :) )

Update: Yay...Found it! Thanks for the help!