Leaking Radiator [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Leaking Radiator

SenorSaab
31st January 2005, 01:29 PM
My radiator seems to have a small leak which is really starting to bug me now. It looks like its coming from the passenger side of the engine (on U.S. models) and towards the front of the car. I can't really tell from looking through from the top and I'm too lazy to go underneath the car right now in the middle of winter. I've tried Bar's stop leak to no avail. Any ideas on hoses or other components to check would be greatly appreciated.

jeffspicoli
31st January 2005, 08:31 PM
My radiator seems to have a small leak which is really starting to bug me now. It looks like its coming from the passenger side of the engine (on U.S. models) and towards the front of the car. I can't really tell from looking through from the top and I'm too lazy to go underneath the car right now in the middle of winter. I've tried Bar's stop leak to no avail. Any ideas on hoses or other components to check would be greatly appreciated.

check ebay, some dude is trying to sell a radiator from a 91 9000 for $30 ($50 buy it now), i considered it until i realized my top hose wasnt holding pressure and spewing its coolant after the car cooled down in the evening

valbowski1980
31st January 2005, 08:56 PM
If you want new, eeuroparts sells Valeo units for $169 and the shipping is on them. That and they are based in Danielson Connecticut so it should be at your door in no time.

jeffspicoli
31st January 2005, 08:59 PM
If you want new, eeuroparts sells Valeo units for $169 and the shipping is on them. That and they are based in Danielson Connecticut so it should be at your door in no time.

yeah, new is always a better option if you got the cash, i am amazed at the waaaaay decent pricing you can get from eeuroparts

valbowski1980
31st January 2005, 09:02 PM
i am amazed at the waaaaay decent pricing you can get from eeuroparts

Me too. I don't know what I'd do without them.