new brakes needed with only 15k miles on them [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: new brakes needed with only 15k miles on them

weeks9000
14th January 2005, 07:06 PM
back in march 2004 i put on ebc green brake pads and ebc rotors, after that at high speeds when braking i would notice a vibration, and a moaning noise like a whale sound, and now after mabey 10-15k, my pads are almost gone. my mechanic said there could have been a bit of rust on the spot where the rotors went on, making it uneven. It seems possible, but i was just curious on anyone elses input.

jeffspicoli
15th January 2005, 03:16 AM
back in march 2004 i put on ebc green brake pads and ebc rotors, after that at high speeds when braking i would notice a vibration, and a moaning noise like a whale sound, and now after mabey 10-15k, my pads are almost gone. my mechanic said there could have been a bit of rust on the spot where the rotors went on, making it uneven. It seems possible, but i was just curious on anyone elses input.

i would say just worn rotors in general would eat your pads up like that

valbowski1980
15th January 2005, 06:08 PM
Do you notice any uneven wear? If so, you could have a caliper (or both?)that is sticking. I just did my brake job and my left pads were worn to nothing while my right had lots of meat left on them.

If your caliper jams up it will kill your pads quite fast.

ylee coyote
16th January 2005, 01:07 PM
ebc green stuff are notoriosly bad when used on big and heavy cars ....
I would change for something else tout suite....

valbowski1980
16th January 2005, 01:41 PM
When doing my brakes, I went with PBR Delux pads as per John's recomendation (the guy who runs the quasimotors website). So far I'm happy with them but it's only been 600 miles.