MapTun [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: MapTun

Ken
06-10-02, 05:01 PM
Has anyone here used MapTun's ECUs 'cos for my car they seem to offer a massive hp increase for reasonable outlay, ie 420 quid for 75bhp if you can trust their figures!?
(Thanks to Bill for putting me on to them)

Cheers

Ken

Alanb
07-10-02, 05:33 PM
I can confirm from Bill that it certainly works well :D . You may find however, that Elkparts, who now import Speedparts stuff, are a bit cheaper. I think that the ECU software and exhaust hardware are basically the same.

Alanb

BillJ
07-10-02, 06:25 PM
The exhaust is the same (I bought mine from Maptun, but it was actually shipped directly to me from Speedparts), but Maptun develop their own software, while I think Speedparts have their software developed by BSR, another Swedish tuning company. Speedparts' software seems to have a good reputation.

Yes, I'm happy with my Maptun stuff, but if I were doing it again, the convenience of a local dealer would be a factor in my choice of vendor.

If you're into "continuous improvement", Maptun will perform subsequent software upgrades for 10% of the original price. For example, some time in the near future, I may fit larger injectors as my fuel system appears to be on the limit of its capacity at full power. This will necessitate reprogramming of the ECU and I'm glad it won't cost much. I don't know whether Speedparts will do this.

If you're just after a one-time upgrade, then it doesn't matter much.

Ken
08-10-02, 05:00 AM
Since I've been looking round, what's become sorely tempting is the MapTun ECU along side Hirsch's exhaust and suspension 'cos they look cool ( http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/zubehoer9000_e.htm ) but I bet they are a bit raw

JeremyFrost
12-10-02, 11:09 AM
That's quite a lot of dosh if it does not include a downpipe. From what I have read on the bb's, a wider diameter downpipe makes the biggest exhaust performance difference. :lol: