green cable in dash > power antenna? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: green cable in dash > power antenna?

paQ
5th January 2005, 02:43 PM
My technical manual of my radio says: the blue cable coming from the radio is the power antenna cable.

OK.
in the boot at the power antenaa, it's a green cable.

in the dash from the car comes a green and a blue cable...
the green cable is not attached.
the blue cable is attached to some other blue cable.

what is the blue and green cable for in my dash?

please note the antenna never worked. I installed a new OEM power antenna, also with a green switch cable.
before I blow up anything, I just want to know what the blue and green cables do that are in the dash.

car: SAAB (duh) 9000, '92 CS Turbo

low_down_dirty_saab
5th January 2005, 04:11 PM
My technical manual of my radio says: the blue cable coming from the radio is the power antenna cable.

OK.
in the boot at the power antenaa, it's a green cable.

in the dash from the car comes a green and a blue cable...
the green cable is not attached.
the blue cable is attached to some other blue cable.

what is the blue and green cable for in my dash?

please note the antenna never worked. I installed a new OEM power antenna, also with a green switch cable.
before I blow up anything, I just want to know what the blue and green cables do that are in the dash.

car: SAAB (duh) 9000, '92 CS Turbo them wires could be anything could b speaker wires factory amp wires,, all else fails run a single wire from the switched power on the radio to the antenna

paQ
5th January 2005, 05:41 PM
well... I've done it :)

it was a thin green cable I needed...
but somebody has to shoot those previuo owners who just rip out their radios, and cut off the wires wherever it suits them :( :nono;

the cable was so short my hands got stuck a thousand times
and trying to solder something with your hands in such a tiny area is no fun.

low_down_dirty_saab
5th January 2005, 09:35 PM
well... I've done it :)

it was a thin green cable I needed...
but somebody has to shoot those previuo owners who just rip out their radios, and cut off the wires wherever it suits them :( :nono;

the cable was so short my hands got stuck a thousand times
and trying to solder something with your hands in such a tiny area is no fun. i feel your pain someone hacked alot of my wires for the stereo it wasnt fun trying to figure that mess out, but dont ya feel good knowing you fixed it urself :cheesy:

paQ
6th January 2005, 03:49 AM
yeah maybe just a little bit ;)