Performance Q's [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Performance Q's

Neo Centurian
4th October 2002, 06:46 PM
I have a chance at getting a 95 900SE Convertable for a good price but I have some questions to ask you guys as I have no knowledge of Saab performance. I guess the most important one is what is availible for the 2.5? I am in now way looking for a race car, but would like a little bit more get up and go, especially off the line. Of course I would also need to be able to get these parts to the states easily. Any help would great.

Also, any help on some little appearance upgrades and where to find them would be helpful also.

Thanks,
Ryan

conradFL
4th October 2002, 10:57 PM
The 2.5L motor is a V6, normally aspirated. They have a notorious problem with the timing belt.

The 2.0L turbo 4cyl is a much better and faster car.

There are a whole bunch of links in Features -> GM900/9-3 for upgrades (cosmetic & performance)

Mark P
5th October 2002, 03:53 AM
Hi Ryan.

There isn't that much readily available for the V6, other than a new chip (+10/12bhp) and various intake (filters) and exhaust options (not much increase in BHP).

The four cylinder turbo engine offer much more scope and considerable power increases (a new chip can add +35bhp or more on it's own). There are lots of examples of mods onthese boards. Have look around. The search engine is very good.

Also check the postings for handling mods. There have been some very successful mods recently...

Mark P