Headlight Question...? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Headlight Question...?

MikeNeri
28th October 2004, 12:54 AM
Hello. :)

I will be purchasing a 9-2X within the next month and I was wondering, what type of headlight bulb do they use? 9004? 9005? 9006? H1? H3? Any ideas?

I'm getting an Aero w/ Leather package and the only thing it doesn't offer is H.I.D. headlights, so, i'll be purchasing a Philips conversion kit and I need to know what kind of bulbs I need to get it.

I want to buy the kit before I get the car, kinda like an early christmas present. 8)

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Trinifry
28th October 2004, 05:18 PM
I checked the bulb on my car and the only one that was in visible range without removing anything says 9005. This bulb was however the inner bulb which i think is the high beam light. Not sure if its going to be different from the regular driving light.

Hope this helps.

However, you should probably just call up the parts dept. at the dealer to get the number. Most likely safer to do so.

Trinifry
28th October 2004, 05:23 PM
I was also interested in equipping my car with Xenons but as you said these are not optional here in Canada.

Since you live in the toronto area, do you know where i can purchase this conversion kit? Also, what sort of prices do these kits go for?

MikeNeri
28th October 2004, 08:30 PM
If I do go ahead and purchase a kit, it will be done through ebay. I've found several reputable sources that sell the Philips conversion kit for about $500 and that includes everything to hook them up. Not a bad deal. :)

Mike

Trinifry
5th November 2004, 03:13 PM
Mike, i'm not sure if you have found out what the bulb type is for the headlights but here they are anyways

Low Beam: H1
High Beam: 9005

I actually replaced my headlights with Sylvania Silverstars. Those HIDs are a bit too expensive for my liking. :P

L8rz

MikeNeri
5th November 2004, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the reply. I actually did find out the bulb type.

I worked out a deal with the dealership and they're going to be throwing in a set of Osram, otherwise known as Philips, HIDs! This dealership has been fantastic! I'm going to be putting down a deposit next week, then I just wait until it comes in.

Goodbye Cougar, hello Black 9-2X Aero!

Mike

Trinifry
5th November 2004, 05:32 PM
Very nice deal!
Smart of you to bargain this option in with the car. By any chance, did you find out how much they will sell this kit for separately? If its a good price, then i might just return the Silverstars and get the HIDs.

If you can find out for me, that would be greatly appreciated.
If you don't mind me asking, which dealership are you going to purchase your car from?

MikeNeri
5th November 2004, 07:15 PM
They have the kit on sale right now for $595. It retails normally for $900. Pretty good deal.

I'll be purchasing the car from Saab of Thornhill.

Mike

dmitry911
5th June 2008, 10:48 PM
If you ever decide to get some quality headlights... you can go here: Headlight Assembly (http://usautolighting.com). I've bought from them before. Their quality is great and their customer support chick sounds really hot :P

2mnycars
7th September 2009, 12:33 AM
They have the kit on sale right now for $595. It retails normally for $900. Pretty good deal.

I'll be purchasing the car from Saab of Thornhill.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Appreciate that you're happy there!
We're looking and having a recommendation for a dealer means a lot.

Regards,
DaveL
Toronto

mituan
8th November 2010, 03:28 AM
The SC owners/admins decided to disable the integrated forum Search because of performance problems with the forum database. As there is not an immediate plan for bringing Search back, here is a thread with different ways to search SaabCentral through Google.

mxh123
15th November 2010, 03:30 AM
Hi i am the proud owner of a 93aero hot conv 02 should the radio controls light up on the steering wheel