00'-03' Swap of Headlights [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 00'-03' Swap of Headlights

sherpapike88
22nd October 2004, 02:35 AM
So, I have a 00' 9-5 Aero and am looking to buy the headlight from the 03' Aero with the HID. Will it fit, and would you guys recommend it? Will I need anything extra for it to fit? Let me know!!! Thanks.

Chris 9-5
22nd October 2004, 04:44 AM
Does this previous thread help?

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39968

sherpapike88
22nd October 2004, 06:17 AM
Thanks.....has anyone tried the fitment.....?

kpmc14
28th November 2004, 12:40 AM
I've been trying since I got my 00 9-5 aero to upgrade to the 04 aero front end, inc. hid's and I recently found out it no work. Sorry man, the whole front of the sub-frame is completely different from the 99-01 to the 02-current. So therefore the heads, corner signals, and bumper cannot be interchanged. Try Wal-Mart 8)

Take care.

Whatsaabi
28th September 2010, 06:45 AM
Well i disagree with KPMC14's comments i have found so far with doing it, the front bumpers fit other than a few new holes to drill but other than that it fits fine main xenon front light will fit with fine if you bend the current inner brackets to the lights back and maybe use some small spacers under the light mounting on the new lamps to align them but they will fit fine, indicators fit fine into the wings which are actually fitted to the main lights, the main bit where i found i wanted to headbutt my sony robot dog was when i came to the wiring !!! well i have successfully designed a new layout for the wiring basically rewired the lighting but it is not that hard i think there is only one main new wire you have to add the the wiring loom from inside the car and a few new ones between the lights but i have not done this part yet im 90% the way through finishing my full engine rebuild although over the last 4 months i have gradually bought the new front end bit by bit with a total price of 200 from 4 different sellers on ebay inc the lights can you believe. Ive been taking photos of 80% of my work so far so in the next month or two i will upload the main procedures to upgrading your 2000 front end to a facelift 2003 onwards with regards to the facelift from 2003.