New DI unit and the results [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: New DI unit and the results

Alanb
11-09-02, 11:34 AM
I had been suffering from misfire under high boost and guessed that the cause was likely to be the DI cassette. I was going to wait until the Kodak meet to see if I could try out Bill J’s DI cassette but the problem was getting to me so much that I went ahead and ordered a new cassette from Euro car parts (£115+vat).

Some people might say that I was silly spending money like this without being certain of the cause. However, I took a chance and I was lucky: the new DI cassette has solved my misfiring problems. Another effect has been to make the car idle smoother and it has stopped the annoying tendency of the revs to drop to near zero for a tenth of a second or so when I took my foot off the throttle. I had thought that a dodgy BOV might have been responsible for the latter…

Now all I need to do is: install a new clutch, do the front lower bushes, put in the stage 3 ECU and fit a complete 3” exhaust system. Anyone want to help? :D

Alanb

BillJ
11-09-02, 01:07 PM
You're going to be busy at the Kodak meet :D

Great to hear you've got it sorted. I know how good it feels to make inroads into a backlog of problems like this.

tandino
12-09-02, 01:48 PM
I might offer to make you a cup of tea at Kodak.

Pete.

Alanb
12-09-02, 04:14 PM
I'd prefer it if you were there to pour the absinth :D