SaabCentral Forums banner

Daytime Running Lights - Can I disable?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  benji9k 
#1 ·
Hi - The dealerships (I called 3) are telling me they can't disable these. Saab customer care says you can. Does anyone know if you can - and have you done it? Thanks! Ryan

#7 ·
One major problem I have found so far has been the GM/SAAB service department. They have absolutely no clue how to service these Saabarus. "Can't" was because they were too lazy to look up how to do it. I don't think there are any states that require these disasters.

#8 ·
Ryan92X said:
I don't think there are any states that require these disasters.
One some that require them when it's raining, I'm sure quite a few. I don't think the US will need to mandate them anytime in the near future. Canada and places in northern Europe need them because of low levels of ambient light during the day. Also their DRLs are of lower levels than here in the US.

In conclusion, if you dislike daytime running lights that much, join the club. GM is the #1 on the 'enemy' list of the DADRL, Saab is #8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.