Installed new wheels and tires today [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Installed new wheels and tires today

kcsaab900s
25th September 2004, 12:51 AM
Well today was the day! I went over to my favorite shop in the world after school to mount the tires, balance the wheels, jack up the car and install the new goods. Overall time was a whopping 2 hours. This was (obviously) my first time doing any of this. Gotta say: impact wrench = teh awesomeness. Medium/low profile tires = teh lose (to mount).

Quick details: The wheels are 17" Saab 2001 9-5 Aero stock alloys wrapped in Contenental Conti-Extremes. The measurements are 225/45/17, which is a nice step up from the stock 195/60/15. I haven't had a chance to drive around on em so I don't know what they're like. From the five minutes I spent in the car, I can tell that things are a bit tighter (I have adjustable Koni shocks too ;)) and the car is more responsive. More updates on that later...

There's a picture of the final product below. I'm gonna wash/wax/take-more-pix tomorrow. If you wanna see the "website" I have for my car, check this out:

http://www.superiortraffic.net/saab/

Here's the picture:

http://www.superiortraffic.net/saab/pics/low1.jpg

Feedback? Good or bad?

CleveSaab
25th September 2004, 01:49 AM
Looks really good. Like those rims on it.

SaabScott
25th September 2004, 08:33 AM
Looks really good. Like those rims on it.

Agreed! 8)

That really changes the car's appearance! :cheesy:

Marks900SE
25th September 2004, 02:54 PM
I was never that big a fan of those wheels, well atleast on the 9-5's. But that picture makes wonders of those wheels. I never thought Id say this about those wheels :oops: , but they look really good.

Mark

bkrell
25th September 2004, 06:57 PM
I bet they'd look REALLY nice on my silver car :D

2ksaabturbo
25th September 2004, 07:02 PM
They should have put those wheels on the 93 stock.

abdukted1456
27th September 2004, 01:17 PM
those wheels are excellent. I looked at the photos on your site, it looks like a whole new car! Great job!

I like Saab factory wheels on Saabs best, (well, maybe except for the BBS challenge 18")

I really like any Saab wheels that uses a variation of their classic 3 spoke design... my favorites on 9-3's are: the Aero wheels you used, the double 3 spoke 9-3 Aero (I have them on my car) and the two pictured below...