basic stuff [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: basic stuff

chris1128
16-09-04, 12:33 PM
Hey everyone ive been reading up a bit since i got my first car (saab 9-3 2000) i just want to let everyone know ive decided to first get a turbo time and boost controller if u have any comments or other ideas msg me thanks for helping me get started everyone :D

mike saunders
16-09-04, 12:53 PM
why do you need or want a turbo timer? You have a water- and oil-cooled Mitsu turbo, a pretty rugged unit designed for years of problem-free operation. If you did a DIY turbo install on a high-revving Japanese mill, I'd say maybe go with the timer ...

But all you really need is some old-school patience: Leave the car running for 30 seconds after a hard run before shutting down...Pull into the parking space, collect your thoughts, wave to the hotties parked in the Jetta, and then turn the key...

Now the MBC is a nice add-on for some quick grunt, although some folks have had issues with the T-7 engine management. I would search for folks with T7 engines (generally 2000 and higher) for some specifics about installation and boost settings....